Active Topics

Hey!
I installed linux kernal for power users about a month ago in my N900.. today when i was unistalling it is give me some error... i restart the device... and after that it is restarting again and again... The major problem is ITs USB PORT HAS BROKEN!!! and Nokia Care has rejected it about 1 year before...
CAn you guyz tell me what should i do???
is their any key pressing method for n900 (Like old symbian devices) to Flash ?
PLEASE HELP!!!

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia
there is a flashing key its holding "u" while the device is booting from a cold boot (taking out the battery)

however there isnt much you can to do without the usb port (as its needed for flashing)

you could try to resolder the connector
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=54762&page=2 post number 12

or use the usb connector behind the battery (careful as this port has no current protection)
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71414

after you get a port working you could try to just flash the kernel see the wiki for the instructions on using the flasher

Good Luck!

Last edited by -L-; 2011-10-28 at 16:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to -L- For This Useful Post:
can you please explain the first one " holding "u" while the device is booting from a cold boot (taking out the battery)" ?
How to do i it? if the battery is not their will the phone starts up?

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by buxi07 View Post
can you please explain the first one " holding "u" while the device is booting from a cold boot (taking out the battery)" ?
How to do i it? if the battery is not their will the phone starts up?
take out the battery put it back in then start while holding "u" on the keyboard

you take it out to make sure its not half way though a boot up but if your usb port is broken it wont really help

Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
Same here. Let of know if you find a solution.
hey! i succeed in fixing USB port..you should try also...
i just fixed it with my friend(the solding Master) in an easy way using a headphone wires which are insulated... here are some pics..!
Attached Images