Active Topics

Notices

is there a mail filter method or mail filter app for the n900? My email server has essentially zero filters/blockers for spam, so I've just always done that on my PC w/ various outlook and security settings. in this scenario, is there any simple way to implement an email filter/spam blocker when checking this email on my n900?

Thank you!

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
None that I know.

Shoot. I can't be the only one w/ this issue and who likes to check email from a mail server like that. . . . . You'd think there would be a solution to this.

Bump. Anyone else--any solutions?

Useful indeed. I'm guessing that incoming email filtering would need to be built into Modest...

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by Kriek View Post
Useful indeed. I'm guessing that incoming email filtering would need to be built into Modest...
Actually, maybe not. I found a wiki page which includes a section on using dovecot as a local-to-your-N900 intermediary IMAP server to protect Modest from the vagaries of your internet connection.

Let's face it: Modest really isn't up to the challenge of being a direct IMAP client for e.g. a busy GMail Inbox, (even when making use of categories to limit what IMAP discloses).

I haven't tried this yet, but I think I'll give it a go over the next few days when I have time to mess with it.

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post: