Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
The surprise will be a T-Shirt, yes, but it will read "My money went to the Jolla Tablet Campaign and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt."

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
They are figuring out stuff. I don't think they know what they are going to give us

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
«We might even have some positive surprises in stock for you. But more on that will follow, feel free to speculate!»
Lol, what? In other words "We screw you, but you'll get free candy. Wanna talk about it?"
Yup. That sentence alone is clear evidence that they consider this nothing more than a funny game. If even after this anyone takes them seriously then I feel sorry for him/her but hey, he/she gets what he/she deserves.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Does anyone know how many tablet backers were from the US? There's no doubt that there's a lot of free software talent in the US that is completely untapped by Jolla at the moment because you can't really use the jPhone over there.

I know Americans from other forums who would have ordered a jPhone but didn't because of that, and they jumped on the tablet. I doubt those people want a crappy Intex phone either, so how are Jolla going to get them developing?

Jolla needs all the developers they can get right now.

Quote from Jolla's blog:
We don’t have all pieces of the puzzle figured out just yet
..//..
However, you can be sure you will not end up empty handed. We might even have some positive surprises in stock for you. But more on that will follow, feel free to speculate!
If the surprise was the 'brain' of a PuzzlePhone running Sailfish and you had to buy the rest would you be happy with it?

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Yup. That sentence alone is clear evidence that they consider this nothing more than a funny game. If even after this anyone takes them seriously then I feel sorry for him/her but hey, he/she gets what he/she deserves.
BUT: as it looks like, he/she will not get what he/she deserves

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
Quote from Jolla's blog:
If the surprise was the 'brain' of a PuzzlePhone running Sailfish and you had to buy the rest would you be happy with it?
Well that is a one possibility but you would have to wait it 9 months(and who knows there can be delays).

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
This made me think they were having a little laugh at us
Attached Images

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Does anyone know how many tablet backers were from the US? There's no doubt that there's a lot of free software talent in the US that is completely untapped by Jolla at the moment because you can't really use the jPhone over there.

I know Americans from other forums who would have ordered a jPhone but didn't because of that, and they jumped on the tablet. I doubt those people want a crappy Intex phone either, so how are Jolla going to get them developing?

Jolla needs all the developers they can get right now.
By start ship the tablet and stop screwing its supporters(devs) is a pretty good start. Yeah, let's start with the basics.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
BUT: as it looks like, he/she will not get what he/she deserves
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund