Gps is not woking on all apps, for example mitakuluu and I think it started happening after the update. Anyone has the same problem? In maps and gpsinfo apps it's working properly.

This might be one of the issues outlined in the release notes:
* Some GPS crashes might occur on both native and Android applications

Last edited by javiermon; 2014-07-16 at 21:03.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@javiermon
GPS works for me in foursail.

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@javiermon
GPS works for me in foursail.
Does it work in mitakuuluu?

Originally Posted by 0rphu View Post
@ahjolinna, thanks for the pointer, I'm using Linux and it worked flawlessly before last update
@nieldk, well the issue started after the last update, before that I could transfer the flac files the same way and they were integrated in the library on Jolla just fine,that's why I put it here... but this could also be caused by updates of my computer, so I'm not sure.
@0rphu
what distro do you use because the normal libmtp does not support jolla phone, I like to know what patches they use because my distro(chakraOS) haven't been able to transfer FLAC files before the update...........btw did you check mtp-detect output from: https://together.jolla.com/....
there is no FLAC

Does anybody else also have problem with wireless connection (WPA2/PSK), after installing update 1.0.8.19, constantly breaking and opening wlan UI dialog for entering psk key, which is already saved.
Shouldn't this "BUG] WLAN does not connect automatically to saved network" be fixed?

@ahjolinna
I'm using Slackware-current. Now I'm not sure I'm using mtp... but AFAIK there's not other possibility to transfer files via USB, is there? I just plug the Jolla in, open Thunar, click on an icon and I see Phone Memory and SD Card. Afterwards, I just copy/paste. But now when I think about it, I'm no longer so sure it ever worked. I might have uploaded mp3s of the same albums, then deleting them and then uploading the FLACs and they somehow inherited the entries from mp3s.

Originally Posted by 0rphu View Post
Now I'm not sure I'm using mtp... but AFAIK there's not other possibility to transfer files via USB, is there?
If you enable developer mode, you can use normal sftp to transfer files. In USB developer mode phone is recognized as network device

The Following User Says Thank You to TemeV For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
i don't think so... when you had an app open and locked the screen, swiping away the lock screen immediatly took you to this last app.
there was no need to pick it from the multitasking view again like on Jolla.

edit: i think, you mean something else... i meant swiping the lockscreen to the side, wich brought you to the ambiances, should instead bring you to the last used app.
totally agree.. swiping sideways on lockscreen should just go straight to previous open app... so much more convenient

but actually, on the N9, if you had an app open and then receive a message and click on the notification... itll open up the message app, and when you swipe the mssage app away, itll take you back to the previous app

but anywho..
anyone else getting bad battery drainage? my battery has been disappearing like crazy ever since the last update.. and this update hasn't helped..
it has to do something with the internet, because when I turned off the internet on my phone, my phone lasted 3days without charge
and now that I turned my internet back on, its lasting 6hrs and its dead...
iv tried changing the settings for it to not sync anything but its still draining my battery somehwere

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Originally Posted by toki View Post
anyone else getting bad battery drainage? my battery has been disappearing like crazy ever since the last update.. and this update hasn't helped..
Well my battery usage was fine with 1.0.7.X - I usually had 40-50% remaining when I went to bed, but with this latest update it has been running out and powering off in the evenings.

the HAK document is out dated 18th July. linked on reddit.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post: