Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Southern California, USA
Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post
Another one bites the dust...

i now have to put a little pressue on the usb connector in order for it to stay connected... What should I do, go to carphone warehouse or direct to nokia uk?
I am in the same predicament as you are. Instead of the USB, I have to put pressure on my wall charger to charge my phone. What gives? Will my USB port be compromised to non-functionality or should I call Nokia USA to request for a swap-out, if my warranty is still valid? How did you resolve your problem?---Ray from Southern California, USA

am going to buy a dual battery mugen cover and charge through that. and just usb wifi for while transfer

wen i rouched the top menu bar line i can see only two applets in my n900 i.e volume option and battery percentage option... i cant see the all applets like fm transmetter,shortuts,internet,clock,bluetooth etc... the default also went off...how to get it back

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
I broke mine on purpose got a e7sold it Now on samsung s2 its a beast everything the n900 wishes it was job done and nokia by me .

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by brokensmile View Post
wen i rouched the top menu bar line i can see only two applets in my n900 i.e volume option and battery percentage option... i cant see the all applets like fm transmetter,shortuts,internet,clock,bluetooth etc... the default also went off...how to get it back
Start a new thread, that has nothing to do with broken USB ports.

Originally Posted by igartarh View Post
I am in the same predicament as you are. Instead of the USB, I have to put pressure on my wall charger to charge my phone. What gives? Will my USB port be compromised to non-functionality or should I call Nokia USA to request for a swap-out, if my warranty is still valid? How did you resolve your problem?---Ray from Southern California, USA
Don't bother with Nokia USA, they are useless. I would just buy a new wall charger, search for the model number in ebay or google, Hong Kong sellers have them cheap. Be sure it's a US type plug.

Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
Don't bother with Nokia USA, they are useless. I would just buy a new wall charger, search for the model number in ebay or google, Hong Kong sellers have them cheap. Be sure it's a US type plug.
I just plugged in mu USB cable to transfer a music file, my phone does not recognize it, wtf? My warranty is long and gone. Geesh, Nokia. Thank goodness for an External Desktop Charger and two extra batteries, I'm still able to use my N900. How do I transfer files wirelessly? Is there an app for that?

Originally Posted by igartarh View Post
I just plugged in mu USB cable to transfer a music file, my phone does not recognize it, wtf? My warranty is long and gone. Geesh, Nokia. Thank goodness for an External Desktop Charger and two extra batteries, I'm still able to use my N900. How do I transfer files wirelessly? Is there an app for that?
If you install openssh, you can use scp on your computer (WinSCP if you're a Windows user) to copy files over wifi. It works similar to FTP but uses ssh and doesn't require any extra servers (other than sshd running on your N900)

Long time nokia user
n770
n800
n900

Finally the usb died (about a year a bit after buying it). Live in Canada - brought it to a local guy and he said he can not solder it.

Bought a Nexus S and now kind of missing my full linux device,

1) Nexus - better page formating on the browser (could be fixed if meego/maemo used a webkit browser
2) Couple of apps that I like (my broker, dogpile, kindle app)
3) like the built in portable hotspot

still kind of miss the maemo tablets - they really completely missed the boat. Ipad hit the sweet spot of the n800. But n800 had more functionality!! Just needed to be 3 inches larger...

Last edited by anthony_barker; 2011-07-26 at 20:58.

Originally Posted by eMiL View Post
I've had a problem with the charging cable/usb cable not attaching to the port very well. There would be times when I attached the charging cable and when i put the device down the cable dissconneted and I didn't get a charge.

Today I noticed the port seemed to have alot of "dust" in it. I picked up a very thin needle and started carefully carving out the dust from inside the port and you wouldn't believe the amount of dust I carved out! My port now feels brand new and the cable attaches with ease.

This has nothing to do with the port breaking, but I thought it was still OT.

Are you having charing problems with your wall charger/ usb connections as well?

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty