Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Though Nokia failed us in rolling out the PR 1.2 today, Ubuntu released their Lynx (10.04) today.... this at least makes my day.

Last edited by x61; 2010-04-29 at 16:41.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
even its not here yet, i agree with you!

Originally Posted by slartibartfass View Post
even its not here yet, i agree with you!
It is out today, son.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
yeah but the final is afaik still not downloadable. hope it comes soon so i can install it today.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Germany

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
But is the ARM version we can dual-boot on our N900 available yet?

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Though Nokia failed us in rolling out the PR 1.2 today, Ubuntu released their Lynx (10.04) today.... this at least makes my day.
its more like nokia failed linux. the point of linux is the kernel updates as it goes while new versions being created and let other software to update to it when they need to. not hold all the crap back n nobody could even possibly test their software. the whole bulk of periodic firmware release is fail already in how linux works.

ubuntu 9.10 for example, they kernel sometimes updates weekly if they need to, not hold the whole thing up until they think all bugs r squeezed.

Originally Posted by slartibartfass View Post
yeah but the final is afaik still not downloadable. hope it comes soon so i can install it today.
here we go
Attached Images

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
good 'ol Linux is trusty indeed. In this case embodied by Canonical and their fine Ubuntu distro.

Nokia however has NOT failed us in any particular way today, since they never told aynone they would release anything today. All the rumor mongers has failed us (exactly as expected), since they constantly fuel the fires of unfulfilled expectations.

I await and look forward to PR1.2 as much as the next guy, but all the hysteria we see in e.g. the Speculations-thread is ridiculous.

If we should blame Nokia for anything, it should be the fact that they upgraded the build servers to PR1.2 instead of providing separate PR1.2 build servers, while still retaining the existing PR1.1.1 ones, so new apps and updates could still be released.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
If we should blame Nokia for anything, it should be the fact that they upgraded the build servers to PR1.2 instead of providing separate PR1.2 build servers, while still retaining the existing PR1.1.1 ones, so new apps and updates could still be released.
That was fixed about a week or two ago.

Tags
pr1.2, whine