Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Copied from Debian? ofono-scripts package is in leste repos.
Was easy to copy just scripts to SD-card, becase I did not have net connection in phone. But yes, it might be better copy installation packages from repo.

Thanks for those links. I get working 2.5G (EDGE) with Droid4!
But used set-tech-preference tech argument gsm, edge didn't work (I still used script from Debian), but it seems there is autoswtiching or something that make work GSM at EDGE speed. It keeps 2G logo in UI and not switching logo to 2.5G like Maemo 5.

But I am not sure was that only thing to get it work, because messed much with scripts...when I reinstall Droid4, I try test scripts from leste repos and more important what is minimal to get work.

But then Pinephone, Leste 20230430-image does not find that SIM-card at all!, even UI shows crossed SIM-card logo. It is not hardware problem, because PostmarketOS january image find SIM-card, pin works and even sees carrier, but PostmarketOS has bug to force speed.

EDIT:
in Pinephone, when I use ofono script test-modem (this time from leste repo) I get traceback with error:
line 20, in <module>
modem=dbus.Interface(bus.get_object('org.ofono', modems [0][0]),
IndexError: list index out of range

Could be that Maemo has lost modem in lower level than ofono, when starting system?

Last edited by teroyk; 2023-05-28 at 13:01.

Now my SIM-card is also solved with Pinephone. It needed enable roaming..I used set-roaming-allowed script...and then 4G worked.