Notices

I cannot uninstall 'catblock' using application manager. What other way is there to uninstall?

This is what i was doing:
Just tried downloading and installing 'catblock' on app manager but it said unable to install. So i went to menu and it was there, i tapped it and it was loading then after a few seconds just goes back to what i was on before. Any idea what the problem is? I also just tried to uninstall and it said unable to uninstall. So now what, how do i remove it?

Also im app manager it says status: Broken but updateable.

I want to remove completly, how do i do this?

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Bangkok
try X-Term

sudo gainroot

dpkg --purge catblock

if not worked
- Use "Storage Usage" to find a files location of catblock package.
- Remove all files by hand with "Advance File Manager" i'm recommended FileBox.

Originally Posted by gixx View Post
try X-Term

sudo gainroot

dpkg --purge catblock

if not worked
- Use "Storage Usage" to find a files location of catblock package.
- Remove all files by hand with "Advance File Manager" i'm recommended FileBox.
Thank you.

When i type sudo gainroot its says "Enable RD mode if you want to break your device". OOOOOkkkkkkk. So i go ahead and type dpkg --purge catblock and it says "dpkg: requested operation requires superuser privilege". Now what?

Cant find it using Storage Usage, GPE File Manager and FileBox. Now what? Only just got it back from nokia to have the charging port fixed.

EDIT: Right, just installled rootsh and did it again. And when i did sudo gainroot it says "root shell enabled". Great, so i go ahead and type dpkg --purge catblock and it says "dpkg: status database area is locked by another process"

Now what?

EDIT: I restarted phone and now it comes up with after entering dpkg --purge catblock, loads of errors and no such file or directory.

Last edited by ash-306; 2010-11-18 at 12:01.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by ash-306 View Post
When i type sudo gainroot its says "Enable RD mode if you want to break your device"
What firmware are you using? (menu -> settings -> about product. What does it say next to 'Version:'?)

Also you will need to install rootsh from the repositories before you can gain root access.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ash-306 View Post
Thank you.

When i type sudo gainroot its says "Enable RD mode if you want to break your device".
install rootsh

http://maemo.org/packages/view/rootsh/
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Sorted now! Just used ovi suite and reinstalled device software. Thanks for all your help. Also, ive running the latest version.

The solution for catblock incomplete install is installing bash:
apt-get install bash
The preinstall and postinstall catblock scripts need bash, so installing it immediately cures the situation.

The Following User Says Thank You to R.Habrat For This Useful Post: