Posts: 138 | Thanked: 164 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Chateauroux, FRANCE
hello !

i just got my brand new n900 (kinda, since they replaced the mainboard) and it was in PR1.3 since the beginning, so i've isntalled all my apps and fm radio don't work : the window appears all black and then shutdown.

I've only PR1.3 and no kernel power or other...

How do you get this working? I installed fm radio but it starts to load then shuts down. Help please?

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
If you have kernel-power and/or kernel-power-modules, reinstall it.
Disclaimer: I don't use FM radio.

default kernel, updated to PR 1.3 OTA, then installed FM radio but never got any sound.....

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Is there any trick other than KP remove and reinstall to fix this issue, it seems like a workaround would be possible especially with the repos down. I am having the exact issue and dbus output as GreatGonzo.

It turns out that removing KP is not a realistic possibility with CSSU-thumb considering the very long list of apps that need uninstall.

$ sudo apt-get --reinstall install kernel-power-modules

This fixed it without massive uninstalls, it is important to remember that FMradio will fail to connect for no reason while QRadio seems pretty reliable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: