I installed fm radio but it wont load. When i tap it, it says loading but doesnt. Whats up???

Ive heard i need the power kernel but is this safe and theres a thread on here about people need to re-flash there phone when they install it?

Also, is it in app manager and whats the name of it?

Thanks.

Last edited by ash-306; 2010-11-29 at 00:23.

BUMP!

Anyone. Wiicontrol does the same thing aswell.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
The power kernel is called 'Advanced Linux Kernel for Power Users'. The reason people needed to re-flash was because a new bootloader 'u-boot' was included to make for easy multi-boot without the need for flashing the kernel every time causing excessive wear on NAND. The problem was that this didn't play well with one of the N900 hardware builds, causing people to get stuck in a boot loop. All they needed to do was flash the kernel to fix this.

I don't think you need the power kernel to use either of these apps, if you did, Power Kernel would be a dependency.

Try enabling extras-devel and updating to the latest version of the apps in question, disable extras-devel once you have done this. (USUAL WARNING). You might find a new version for PR1.3 is in extras-devel but not extras-testing yet.

Thanks dude. Its all up to date. Just dont understand what some apps wont work. Kinda annoying.

Originally Posted by ash-306 View Post
Thanks dude. Its all up to date. Just dont understand what some apps wont work. Kinda annoying.
Run the app from x-term and post the error it gives you, that way we can work out why the app isn't working.

The Following User Says Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
only FM radio version 2010.03.20 works....
other updated version doesn't seam to works on P.R 1.3 with latest kernel power...

How do i run an app from xterm?

Thanks mate. Got fm working now, installed the other version. But wiimote still doesnt work and a few others.

Originally Posted by ash-306 View Post
Got fm working now, installed the other version. But wiimote still doesnt work and a few others.
So run them from xterm and post the output.
To run an app from xterm just type the name of the app (package name, not display name) and press enter.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
beaware 3.20 version might cause trouble while calling. you can hear other party but other party won't recieve your voice.

How to enter space in xterm? for browsing directories and seems like this app is named "Fm Radio Player".

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
beaware 3.20 version might cause trouble while calling. you can hear other party but other party won't recieve your voice.

How to enter space in xterm? for browsing directories and seems like this app is named "Fm Radio Player".
hmmm...got no problem on my n900 using 3.20....still using the same version & no problem at all....
have try using v3.60...the apps automatic closed upon loading...