I brought my N900 off ebay about 2 months ago and about 3 weeks ago i pulled the charger out and the usb port come out with it so i couldnt charge it. So i spoke to Nokia UK and they said send it back, so i did send back (Freepost), after about a week, i got a brand new phone through the post. But there was a problem with this, the screen (slide) slightly over-laps at the bottom and the slide action felt a bit funny. I guessed this was because it was new so i used it for about 2 weeks now, but its gradually got worse and now its jams when sliding up sometimes. So i phoned Nokia UK back up on thursday, and told them, they said they will ring me start of next week to arrange a door step swap (delivery drivers gives me new phone, i give him my old one) for a new phone. They said its takes a few days so should be start of next week.

Nokia UK are great! Shame the new phone was faulty but at least they are replacing it free of charge at my own home.

i also had a good experience with nokia uk customer care my n900 usb charging port came out of my first model. went online filled in the form and posted it off about a week later i had a new n900 sent to me was very happy haven't had any problems with the new phone and has outlasted my original one by some months now

on a side note i would recommend using some pliers and pushing down the little prongs that poke out of the bottom of the charger cable this makes it far easier to slide the cable in and out

Originally Posted by ash-306 View Post
I brought my N900 off ebay about 2 months ago and about 3 weeks ago i pulled the charger out and the usb port come out with it so i couldnt charge it. So i spoke to Nokia UK and they said send it back, so i did send back (Freepost), after about a week, i got a brand new phone through the post. But there was a problem with this, the screen (slide) slightly over-laps at the bottom and the slide action felt a bit funny. I guessed this was because it was new so i used it for about 2 weeks now, but its gradually got worse and now its jams when sliding up sometimes. So i phoned Nokia UK back up on thursday, and told them, they said they will ring me start of next week to arrange a door step swap (delivery drivers gives me new phone, i give him my old one) for a new phone. They said its takes a few days so should be start of next week.

Nokia UK are great! Shame the new phone was faulty but at least they are replacing it free of charge at my own home.
Perhaps they are just glad to swift a few of the phones off the shelves as I doubt they are selling many at the moment!!

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
Nokia Australia has the worst service ever.
I logged two calls about 2 months ago .. and they promised someone will call me back .. still waiting.
not the 1st time this has happened.