Active Topics

Notices

Any change I could write with utmost respect and care: Is there hope for Sailfish version?

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
Great app!
Works so much smoother than store app.
Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to MarcAnton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Thank you Marxian for keeping Nokia's promise to support Symbian till 2016.
But will the Symbian version be available outside the Nokia store?
Microsoft has adjusted the usage policy and I feel not encouraged to log in and transfer even more user data to them as they may close the Nokia store soon after and run off with their harvest.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by xes View Post
@marxian
Thank you very much!

While waiting for the Maemo version, please consider some kind of integration with OMP for example allowing to save preferred stations into the same list.
I don't have OMP installed, but I imagine it uses MAFW for managing the internet radio stations. I'll have a look at it. It probably won't be in the first release.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
Sleep timer is nifty, but alarmclockradio would be awesome.
That's quite easy to implement, at least in Harmattan and Maemo5 (I don't know anything about scheduling in Symbian). I'll try to include it the next release.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by finfly View Post
Any change I could write with utmost respect and care: Is there hope for Sailfish version?
I don't have a Jolla device, and the emulator is a bit slow on my relatively old desktop hardware (plus I only have 2GB RAM, so my swap partition gets hammered).

The source is on GitHub, so anyone that is interested can do it.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2014-06-05 at 12:32. Reason: Link to GitHub repo

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Thank you Marxian for keeping Nokia's promise to support Symbian till 2016.
But will the Symbian version be available outside the Nokia store?
Microsoft has adjusted the usage policy and I feel not encouraged to log in and transfer even more user data to them as they may close the Nokia store soon after and run off with their harvest.
The Symbian version will be available outside Nokia Store. In fact, the one place it won't be available is Nokia Store, as they stopped accepting new applications and updates as of 01/01/2014.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Great app, thanks! So your program use the same source for the radio stations list as Nokia and this source is free? I wonder why Nokia shut off the server, probably it costs 50 euro per year or less. Really embarrassing for Nokia. One question - which format use the app for the favorite stations? Can I place my one *.m3u or *.pls file as favorite station list somewhere?

The Following User Says Thank You to kurana For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much for this awesome release.

The Following User Says Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kurana View Post
Great app, thanks! So your program use the same source for the radio stations list as Nokia and this source is free? I wonder why Nokia shut off the server, probably it costs 50 euro per year or less. Really embarrassing for Nokia. One question - which format use the app for the favorite stations? Can I place my one *.m3u or *.pls file as favorite station list somewhere?
cuteRadio uses its own local station database. Currently, there is no way to import stations from other sources, but you can add them to the database manually (press the '+' toolbutton).

My website

GitHub

Tags
internet, radio