Active Topics

Notices

Well done! The only difference I've noticed is that the Symbian version do not show title and interpret and in the version for Harmattan this future works. Is there other limitations?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by kurana View Post
Well done! The only difference I've noticed is that the Symbian version do not show title and interpret and in the version for Harmattan this future works. Is there other limitations?
The missing metadata is due to the different multimedia frameworks used. QtMultimediaKit does not retrieve the ICY metadata, whereas Phonon does. Unfortunately, streaming MP3 using Phonon does not seem to work (error message is 'Download error'), so I must use QtMultimediaKit for now. When I have more time, I will investigate further, and perhaps switch to native Symbian APIs if I can't get Phonon to work.

Other than the metadata issue, the two versions are the same.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2014 @ San Diego, California
Mate, this app is AWESOME.
Featherweight at 379kB RAM while streaming and it already has all of my previous favorites preexisting in the DB!!!
So many thanks and please do mention if you need any dev tools (like Carbide 2.7 [for v3 deployment] or any SDK).

i'm so stoked!

The Following User Says Thank You to matthewkuhl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by matthewkuhl View Post
You added keyboard and D-pad support! Amazing work - thank you so much
Yeah, I wrote some custom components for cuteTube with improved keyboard support some time ago, so I was able to reuse them here.

My website

GitHub

i know this is off-topic, but this community really makes me want to get the N900, N950 (ha ha, yeah right ) and N9 i've always thought about getting.
Even a Symbian cousin gets treated very well in this forum and i like how gracious everyone is.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matthewkuhl For This Useful Post:
Update: I spotted a small bug in the Symbian version (sleep timer duration setting not visible). An updated version has been uploaded.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Yeah, I wrote some custom components for cuteTube with improved keyboard support some time ago, so I was able to reuse them here.
Oh Man...Awesome,im waiting for version to symbian s60 3rd...

Maybe i blew it (it happens ), but it isn't saving my favourites and another Anna device user reported the same...

Maybe i blew it (it happens ), but it isn't saving my favourites and another Anna device user reported the same...
Saving favourites is working on my devices. Both are running Belle, but I'd be surprised if that makes a difference. The database is currently overwritten during installation, so if you installed the updated version (or just re-installed the existing version), you will have lost your favourites.

My website

GitHub

Maybe i blew it (it happens )
Yup. It was operator error

Sorry
i'll ask the other person if they did the same thing i did (i used + instead of long-tapping the station).

The Following User Says Thank You to matthewkuhl For This Useful Post:

Tags
internet, radio