Posts: 53 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ san jose, california
N900 pre-ordering at expansys:

http://www.expansys-usa.com/d.aspx?i=186949

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
careful! its a listing for the Euro model, not the NAM or TMO model. No AWS or at&t 3G

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
Yeah, no problem. I remember I installed about 200 unix servers in germany using a UK keyboard, was funny.

I'd prefer a UK keyboard but, I'd prefer to actually have one than not (or wait an insane amount of time, I've waited too long for this anyway - can't wait any longer)
It will very likely be available on the UK site at launch, i would wait.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
A few hours ago I saw a feed headline that read "Nokia allows Germany and Italy to preorder N900" or some such...

Let me Google that for me

>> http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/28/n...-to-pre-order/

Last edited by YoDude; 2009-08-28 at 23:59.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
A few hours ago I saw a feed headline that read "Nokia allows Germany and Italy to preorder N900" or some such...

Let me Google that for me

>> http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/28/n...-to-pre-order/
Why does engadget always talk about nokia negatively and applaud even apple's farts?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
careful! its a listing for the Euro model, not the NAM or TMO model. No AWS or at&t 3G
Were we expecting AT&T 3G compatibility even in the U.S. version given the FCC details? Tmo uses different frequencies in their 3G and thus unless it's specifically including those freqs we're all relegated to Tmo here in the states for the time being. AFAIK 2100mhz is also a Tmo-capable band if 3G connectivity is a dealbreaker, granted Tmo's coverage is a far cry from AT&T's, as is being discussed in another thread.

If you want the best experience possible, you'd probably use wifi. 3G would be preferred when wifi isn't available but for basic use EDGE will suffice for a lot of things. (not ilarge downloads in an instant) I think if the U.S. doesn't get a release date within a reasonable timeframe of the other side of the pond some here may still choose to obtain a non-U.S. model early on and sell it later when a native U.S. version does become available.

I'm not one to do this, but I can expect others will.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Bradford, (England)
a little steep! best waiting for the contract options - which operator likely to take it ?

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Why does engadget always talk about nokia negatively and applaud even apple's farts?
Probaby Nokia need to send some advertising their way. Then lets see them bite the hand that feeds them.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Never noticed... they seem snarky to me no matter who or what they are talking about.

...anyway I'm just providing the links to back up the original post and not endorsing an opinion or product.

BTW, I pointed out the difference in price yesterday in another thread and was informed that the European prices included value added tax. I was also told that when VAT was subtracted from these prices the product would be the 500 euro's that was first reported...

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
On their podcast (I listen to it) there was this one guy dumping on the n900's resistive touch screen. Saying how it'll never be as good as a capacitative, etc..etc..

Which I find not necessarily valid. I kinda wanted to respond or send in a voicemail pointing out that it's more the UI then it is the choice of touchscreen. He used an example of how he say a guy have to take out a stylus to use his touchscreen phone/pda/whatever and struggle with it. Yet I can use my n800 mostly with just my fingers. I only have trouble hitting the X due to its placement and other tiny buttons but mostly everything else I do just fine using my fingers on a resistive touchscreen.

So proper UI design should pretty much eliminate most of the problems people have with resistive touch screens.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post: