Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
How's the FM Transmitter on the Galaxy? Can it be boosted? I ask because I use this feature of N900 every single day.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
I've been thinking (rare, I know), and I *really* like that Honeycomb is built to avoid physical buttons on the front. I'm fully expecting this to spill over to handsets in future versions of android.

It is now possible to have devices that need no buttons at all on the front of the device.

Imagine a Galaxy S3 that is all screen and an ultra-thin bezel -- with that beautiful SAMOLED technology, this would be a sight to behold.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
I've been thinking (rare, I know), and I *really* like that Honeycomb is built to avoid physical buttons on the front. I'm fully expecting this to spill over to handsets in future versions of android.

It is now possible to have devices that need no buttons at all on the front of the device.

Imagine a Galaxy S3 that is all screen and an ultra-thin bezel -- with that beautiful SAMOLED technology, this would be a sight to behold.
isn't the s2 already all screen and an ultra-thin bezel ?

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
Is this really such an amazing thing? I'm not really an expert in the world of small devices, but y'know, I'm looking at the front of my N900, and, well... no buttons seems like it's been done already.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
When I say 'all screen', I'm talking about the equivalent of the side bezels on the top (where the ear-piece is) and bottom of the device. Sure, technically it's not amazing, but from a design perspective it will have a very large impact of the general aesthetic of future devices -- especially if designers are determined to minimize bezel sizes.

Of course, with an all touch device, this calls for a modification of the UI to accommodate such a model, something that honeycomb currently employs.

Again, it's not revolutionary, but it's interesting that there is still room for design on a rectangular touch-screen device. I'm sure if/when we see such devices, they will look incredibly sexy.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
This just in: The Galaxy S2 dominates its first review.
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...-news-2444.php

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Austria (no kangaroos over here)
Hardware-upgrade before launch

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/06/s...d-until-may-o/

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/07/s...s-april-launc/

CU - M_99

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
no one else buying an android while waiting for meego?
S2 on the way, N8 was terrible, shame there wasn't a MeeGo device at the time of my contract renewal.....

....prob won't be for a while either as Nokia wants to go down the Winblows route, hopefully they will see the error of their ways and solely use MeeGo for every device

Has anyone else brought this because there wasn't/isn't a MeeGo device?

N900 still rocks though, except for the USB falling out (why I'm getting the S2) I just need a more reliable device for every day use, shame really there are so many things the N900 does that other devices don't. I'll still keep it though to play around with or until Android annoys me to the point where I throw it out the window

Guess I'll just have to buy a MeeGo device when it comes out, rather than getting it free on contract.....

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milton Keynes, UK
I Just got my S2 yesterday, and I gotta say, some of the things I've been dying to do on my N900 the S2 just does out of the box...

Youtube has always been a bit hit and miss on the N900, works 100% on S2

BBC Iplayer has varied from okish, to non working (and back a few times) on the N900, works 100% on the S2...

Flash is partially functional on the n900 and improvable with treaks but again, works 100% out of the box on S2.

Don't get me wrong, there are many thngs that I'll miss on the N900, most notibly truecrypt and a real keyboard...and I can't help but feel I'm not fully in control of whats going on but so far the S2 has really impressed me.

because of falling usb I switched to s2. Its a good phone but n900 was awesome.. This community is awesome. But can't buy n900 again and no n9 in india, so s 2 is the way to go. Feel sad to use a phone and n900 was much more than that...perfect tab.. :-(

Tags
bada rox, s2 arc astrix, s2 ftw, s2=super phone