Active Topics

Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
I am facing a strange issue with my calender since out of box. Already reflashed it a second time some days ago but the issue persists:

The birthday entries of my contacts (birthdays are taken from facebook) are not showing up in my calender.
The calender is only adding birthdays if I write them by myself into the contact card.

Any solution for this please?

Edit:
Is this a common behavior?
It's same here, but I think it is normal on the N9. While on the N900 the Hermes (i think it was called) app pulled data and avatars from Facebook and plugged them into contact cards in the address book adding or replacing the book's content, the N9 in contrast just appends the FB provided info and doesn't integrate it. Perhaps N9 treats FB data as proprietary and doesn't make a local copy, but only displays it as long as the FB account and FB friendship connections remain active.

Last edited by Discoveryellow; 2013-04-26 at 10:03.

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Yea this is a common behaviour.
I read that taking the facebook birthdays is not legal and this option is deactivatet.

REQUEST

It would be awesome if someone could do a little script/ fix/ mod that we can edit the birthday-entries who are taken from facebook.

please contribute to help making our N9 a little bit better

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
I noticed about the same issue.. When my contracts from Facebook merged with my contacts from the phone where already have birthday inserted, the birthday also updated and now i can see in the contact: birthday | Facebook. When it happens birthday disappeared from calendar and from feeds..
Any solution for this ?
Well a solution could be to make a little script/mod that...

1. we can edit the birthday entry and if we edit (our favourite entries) they appear in the calender again

or

2. (re-)activates this annoying prohibition

- but I think the stock contacts/calender 'app' is closed ?!