Active Topics

hello, i just got the nokia wh-701 headset with remote control, the remote feature doesnt work but the sound does on both speakers, is it possible to programe theese buttons so they can be used?

ive read somewhere they made a program for wired headsets to work the ones with music control on them but on stereo bluetooth headset they didnt make one yet sorry...

i heard there is something u can do with the original headset that comes with the box wich can be programed to do next track instead of play and pause if im not mistaken

I messed around with the dbus for awhile before returning my WH-701. I don't believe that they are compatible.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Only bluetooth headsets provide playback controls.

There are several differing theories about the playback controls on the 701 headset though. When I first got my N900 I searched on this extensively.

Some say that the jack was designed for video out so there is no hardware present to drive the headset controls.

Others say that the controls probably do work because the off hook button functions to receive a call, simply that that Nokia has not exposed the correct functionality for programmers to take advantage of.

A few threads floating around talking about some code lacking in one of the kernel modules.

Also the usual conspiracy theories about UFO's and aliens and what not : )

The Following User Says Thank You to dchky For This Useful Post:
Was there any progress on this? I just received by mail a wh-701 head phone instead of the wh-205 that I ordered, and I have to decide whether to return them. Has anyone been able any code sent by any of the buttons?

Logically with four electrical areas on the plug and due to compatibility with the normal 3.5" plug, the following configuration makes sense:

1. Ground
2. Left channel
3. Right channel
4. Microphone + answer signal (on wh-205) + button signals (on wh-710)

Can any one confirm this?

Thinking about it, if the above is true, then recording audio with the ear-plugs connected should cause a noticeable signal in the recording. I'll see if I can detect any such signal.

Update:
Ok, here are my results:

On the wh-205, when pressing the answer phone button, there is a clear electronic cut of the signal of the microphone. It's like connecting and disconnecting a loudspeaker to DC.

On the WH-701 all that I could notice audibly was the mechanical noise that the buttons produce when you press them. Perhaps there is a weak electric signal hidden, but I doubt it.

Based on this I'll probably return the headset and will ask them to send the one that I ordered.

Last edited by dov; 2010-10-06 at 16:41. Reason: Typos

Originally Posted by snuski View Post
hello, i just got the nokia wh-701 headset with remote control, the remote feature doesnt work but the sound does on both speakers, is it possible to programe theese buttons so they can be used?
i cant even get the spound working on mine , bloody nokia !!

News about the WH-701? How can I help/debug into this?

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
any progresss here?

I bought N9 which works fine with the wired remote on the WH-701