Active Topics

Hi

On my n9 I accidentally removed the birthday calendar (deleted it) and after a reboot it appears again but empty (i.e. no birthdays in the calendar show up). I've tried disabling it, re-enabling it but no luck.

Any help?

thanks,

The Following User Says Thank You to javiermon For This Useful Post:
Ok, I've restored from a backup and now the birthdays show up, but repeated twice, any clues?

thanks,

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
On my device, it's very random, that a birthday appear or not. And not editable the calendar

The Following User Says Thank You to Arthuro_Adam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Chennai, India
its synced with your contacts. Check if deleting the calendar erased contact birthdays.

Originally Posted by MhedYaseen View Post
its synced with your contacts. Check if deleting the calendar erased contact birthdays.
No. The birthdays are still in the contacts, it's just the calendar not showing them. Now they show twice randomly, i.e. some contacts birthday appear twice on a day and some don't.

Contact info is pulled from MfE synced with m.google.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javiermon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
I have found from experience that birthdays are automatically entered in Birthday calendar from Contacts. But if you delete the contact - BD stays in calendar. If you import same contact again you will have duplicate birthday entries for that contact. I have managed to solve that the "ugly" way:
- deleted Birthdays calendar
- exported all my contacts to file
- reimported all contacts
- restarted the device so that Birthdays calendar is created again.
If you know what you are doing it takes 5 minutes with reboot time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
I have found from experience that birthdays are automatically entered in Birthday calendar from Contacts. But if you delete the contact - BD stays in calendar. If you import same contact again you will have duplicate birthday entries for that contact. I have managed to solve that the "ugly" way:
I have a duplicate birthday problem, how to delete birthdays calendar? I mean which file?

EDIT: nvm, I realise you mean delete Birthdays calendar in ui, I already know about /home/user/.calendar/db, but thought you had found another db just for birthdays.

Thanks

Last edited by nbedford; 2012-12-05 at 12:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
I am facing a strange issue with my calender since out of box. Already reflashed it a second time some days ago but the issue persists:

The birthday entries of my contacts (birthdays are taken from facebook) are not showing up in my calender.
The calender is only adding birthdays if I write them by myself into the contact card.

Any solution for this please?

Edit:
Is this a common behavior?

Last edited by willi6868; 2013-03-24 at 10:13.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
I noticed about the same issue.. When my contracts from Facebook merged with my contacts from the phone where already have birthday inserted, the birthday also updated and now i can see in the contact: birthday | Facebook. When it happens birthday disappeared from calendar and from feeds..
Any solution for this ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Okay, going to try this one out, but with MfE as backbone of my address book I feel like 5 minutes is just a starter time to get this procedure repeated. (:

EDIT: Okay delete completed. I shut off the MfE in accounts first and then deleted the contacts. Somehow the contacts on MfE server are gone too now. No birthdays till I figure out how to recover missing contacts in Exchange. (No, they aren't in the deleted items folder.)

EDIT2: Facebook contacts aren't in my address book either. I can't loog in to the FB chat system. Skype and Google account works okay.

Last edited by Discoveryellow; 2013-04-26 at 10:54.