Notices

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
i like the idea of gpodder in connection with panucci to be able to resume playing atleast that what i assume is possible with "wiedergabe fortsetzen" aka "resume playing". but all downloaded mp3s don't play in panucci for me. the timebar shows 0:00 and the pause button remains green. is there sth wrong with my installation?

EDIT: there is also sth wrong with my susbscriptions. i was wondering why there are no new podcasts and so i checked my subscriptions manually with my.gpodder.org. and there was everything uptodate. i did another refresh within gpodder and it found just one new podcast. strangely even in this subscription were more than one new item available...

Last edited by raily; 2010-02-12 at 18:39.

has anyone elses feeds stopped working?
i upgrade to the latest version the one with the new UI and now it says half my feeds are nogt in the correct format

My Blog

Originally Posted by thp View Post

In short: gPodder does not auto-update in the background, because it's not implemented yet, and it would be bad for the battery life of your device (and might be bad for your finances if you have a non-unlimited data plan).
I hope it will be implemented someday - it is possible to make an optional restriction "update via wifi only"? There is cron package for maemo, so scheduled update should not be a problem..

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by arkanoid View Post
I hope it will be implemented someday - it is possible to make an optional restriction "update via wifi only"?
Yes, and there is a feature request for this open at bugs.maemo.org already: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5181

Vote for it.

I am having a couple of problems with this. One I can get around the other I can't.

1. I am consistently getting error messagaes when I try to download:

"Download error
Download error while downloading ........ No such file or directory: '/home/user/MyDocs/Podcasts/.......

2. If I select M Player as the default player for video files anytime I get an email, text, call, Mplayer freezes up. I have to quit the application and when I reopen I have to start the podcast from the beginning. And then there is no way to move the video forward to where I stopped from. I have to listen right from the start. I have now had to switch back to using the default player for this reason.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Is there anywhere a changelog for gPodder?

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Is there anywhere a changelog for gPodder?
Depending on the granularity you might prefer the news page (http://gpodder.org/oldnews), the Debian changelog for the Maemo packages (http://maemo.org/packages/view/gpodder/) or the 'raw' Git changelog on http://repo.or.cz/w/gpodder.git (there is a branch that tracks the fremantle packaging as well, tagged with each release).

Last edited by thp; 2010-03-11 at 17:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm using Gpodder, and I have to say it is perfect for my needs.
However, I have an idea for a possible improvement. Since I have the podcasts folder mapped for the Media Player, sometimes I find myself listening to them there.
Is there a way for Media Player to tell Gpodder that the podcast was already listened to?
Thanks for a great app!

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Thanks for the changelog! (you've got only a small typo in the package link)

Have you ever thought about the possibility to view in the Podcast list the lenth of each Podcast?

Originally Posted by cjsegninir View Post
Is there a way for Media Player to tell Gpodder that the podcast was already listened to?
It depends. First of all, the only way (AFAIK) that the media player notes that a file is played is by setting its playcount, and this only happens when you play it fully (or at least to some percentage of the full track). Second, we could create another "daemon" that watches in the background and watches D-Bus for "play" events from MAFW (the backend for the media player). I guess you don't want to have gPodder itself running in the background while you are operating with media player, right?

Another (likely) option is that Panucci does take care of the play position and playcount (which it already does to a degree) and Panucci and gPodder will handle the "played" status of the episodes together, so when you play something in Panucci, gPodder will notice the next time it starts.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, gpodder, maemo 5, not android, podcast, testing