Notices

Took MeeRun for a run today and I'm impressed. It has translated well to Sailfish from Harmattan. Keep up the good work!

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ France
Thanks Bwalter for releasing the sailfish version! I successfully import (just a copy-paste) my 260 trainings without any problems.
Some stuffs are still missing though, but now I can finally shut down my N9

Hello again, just one question: Since Jolla should be bluetooth 4.0 compliant, is by any chance wearlink H7 working with meerun on sailfish?

I think at the moment no HRM works (on Sailfish). Or has that changed by now?

Hi,

(Using this on Jolla)

I have tried to dig out the settings for the standard filtering, but haven't found them. If I make some custom settings, I can find the settings in .config/meerun/meerun.conf:

[filter_custom]
accFactor=0.25
accMin=57.7
kalmanNoise=1444
maxSpeed=36
minSpeed=5.4
speedAcc=0.9

but for the default one it just shows -1. It would be nice to have the standard settings as a starting point on the Custom side. Tweaking would be much easier.

Actually it would also be nice to know more about how those filter settings work. What does it mean that you remove 10 % of "small moves" etc. Is there any documentation on them?

I've answered myself: I bought the H7 and it is not (yet) recognized by the Jolla.
I suppose if bluetooth LE will be supported, it is probably just a matter of updating the app (I mean, more work on OS than on the app).
I've also read that in android world, some apps implements their own bluetooth library but I personnaly don't think it is a good idea.
I really don't wait anything for now, especially because the app is free of charge on openrepos, and it is already one of the best app available in this OS.

But I am more than ready to buy an updated version when Jolla harbour will propose paiement.

The Following User Says Thank You to joearchi For This Useful Post:
I misread the description, BT4.0 does not work, but older, non-smart BT does, have bought a wearlink+ and it works just fine.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I misread the description, BT4.0 does not work, but older, non-smart BT does, have bought a wearlink+ and it works just fine.
There's no smartness reqired... that is a just a marketing term for BT LE...
I'd even go as far as calling it "BT stupid" IMHO.

Originally Posted by bwalter View Post
To be honest, I would prefer to support a service which is a little bit more open than Sports Tracker but that may be a good idea, too.

Auto-save is also a good idea, the files are actually kept in the ~/.MeeRun/tmp directory (so manual restoring is already feasible) but that would be useful to detect it when restarting the app and make a recovery.

The next planned features are:
- offline maps (openstreetmaps)
- manual pause
- new button design

And (a little bit later...):
- voice feedback
- altitude
Yesterday I lost a workout. This is nice that the app writes to a tmp dir but I realised that if you restart the app it will delete the recovery files. After my last run I wanted to save my workout but I closed the app unpurposely. Then I reopened it and my recovery file was gone. In my opinion this is not a good behaviour. If the app crashes during a workout (or an important race) you can choose to restart the app and lose the recovery or not to track the remaining part of your session (or to start digging in the file system to save your recovery file during the workout).

Now I am editing the Exec line of the /usr/share/applications/meerun_harmattan.desktop file to copy the recovery files to a safe place before starting the app:

Code:
Exec=sh -c "cp -R /home/user/.MeeRun/tmp/* /home/user/<whateverdir> ; /usr/bin/invoker --splash=/opt/meerun/share/meerun/SplashScreen.png --type=d -s /opt/meerun/bin/meerun"
Problem solved, I love open source! Anyway, I treat this as a temporary solution, I suggest to modify this natively in a future release of MeeRun.

Hope to see a new release soon, I haven't heard any news so far...

Last edited by cuh7b5; 2014-06-27 at 13:02. Reason: Edited code

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cuh7b5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Estonia, Tallinn
Today i ran into a problem with my meerun on N9. Did about 11km bikeride, when i noticed that the signal was gone and the status was: waiting for gps. Closed the app, restarted the phone, still same.

Now several hours later, after reinstalling the app from 1.4.0 to 1.4.2 it is still waiting for gps.