Notices

Closed Thread
Hi Scorpious,

Ok after an unexpected reboot now I have the version .29 installed, I see it in the task bar and it work in background.

I’m using Yappari since before .16 version, and I did close everything just now works and before not.

I receive images and I can send it also.

Thanks again for your work.

-------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I don't know why but it ask me again to update.

I have done and it seems that works good.

Thx

Last edited by radarman; 2013-04-15 at 16:04.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by radarman View Post
Hi Scorpious,

Ok after an unexpected reboot now I have the version .29 installed, I see it in the task bar and it work in background.

I’m using Yappari since before .16 version, and I did close everything just now works and before not.

I receive images and I can send it also.

Thanks again for your work.

-------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I don't know why but it ask me again to update.

I have done and it seems that works good.

Thx
The very FIRST LINE of the first post of this thread that NOBODY EVER READS says "REBOOT YOUR PHONE AFTER INSTALLING YAPPARI".

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
This is a WEEKEND release only, because I need that some of you test some more this version.

Yappari 0.0.29: http://www.sendspace.com/file/bo352o

Known bugs:

* When you click the image to send it will take a while to close the window, because it's calculating the hash for it. Since there's gonna be a confirmation dialog there after you click it, let it be.

* If you send the same picture twice (even to two different contacts) will only work once (because WhatsApp send an "already uploaded" message that I'm not handling it yet).

But just forget about those two nuances and try to test everything, keep an eye for crashes and stuff.

Next week there will be another release with those fixes and hopefully audio and video sending/receiving.
Scorpius, am unable to download the uploaded version of yappari from the website stated above,please can u give another link to download yappari because i think its the site,not my internet connection. Thank you.

Originally Posted by adeyeyerapheal View Post
Scorpius, am unable to download the uploaded version of yappari from the website stated above,please can u give another link to download yappari because i think its the site,not my internet connection. Thank you.
Read the first post, nobody ever reads it anymore. There are two links and the suggestion that it's better to upgrade from the Application Manager.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
The very FIRST LINE of the first post of this thread that NOBODY EVER READS says "REBOOT YOUR PHONE AFTER INSTALLING YAPPARI".
Hello Scorpius,

I have read it promise but i didnt do it before with other older versions, i don't know why but it did work fine before.

Now works good, thanks

Last edited by radarman; 2013-04-15 at 18:58.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade to yappari 0.29. First, I didn't see any upgrades available either in HAM (Hildon Application Manager) or FAM (Fast Application Manager), even after updating the catalogs (I'm using all the CSSU catalogs, even from testing and unstable).

So I just downloaded the package and installed it through HAM. I couldn't start it. Starting it from a console, I get a segmentation fault.
The log only says this:
Code:
Di. Apr 16 00:50:21 2013
<noop>
>> 100005a9e5d209cd
I tried reinstalling it in a console via dpkg and I got some errors. Here is the output with --debug=3:
Code:
Nokia-N900:~# dpkg -i --debug=3 yappari_0.0.29_armel.deb 
(Reading database ... 39292 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace yappari 0.0.29 (using yappari_0.0.29_armel.deb) ...
D000001: process_archive oldversionstatus=installed
D000002: maintainer_script_alternative nonexistent prerm `/var/lib/dpkg/info/yappari.prerm'
D000002: maintainer_script_new nonexistent preinst `/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/preinst'
Unpacking replacement yappari ...
dpkg-deb (subprocess): short read in buffer_copy (failed to write to pipe in copy)
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste returned error exit status 2
dpkg: error processing yappari_0.0.29_armel.deb (--install):
 short read in buffer_copy (backend dpkg-deb during `./opt/maemo/usr/share/yappari/icons/48x48/9f-93ac.png')
D000002: maintainer_script_new nonexistent postrm `/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm'
D000002: fork/exec /var/lib/dpkg/info/yappari.postinst ( abort-upgrade 0.0.29 )
Processing triggers for catorise ...
D000002: fork/exec /var/lib/dpkg/info/catorise.postinst ( triggered /usr/share/applications/hildon )
##########################################################################################################################################
No changes to hildon menu.
Errors were encountered while processing:
 yappari_0.0.29_armel.deb
I verified the md5sum of the downloaded file and is correct. I tried purging Yappari and reinstalling and get the same error. I searched for the file and I can't find it because I have a loop in the filesystem:
Code:
Nokia-N900:~# ls -l /opt/maemo/usr/share/yappari
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            28 Apr 16 00:59 yappari -> /opt/maemo/usr/share/yappari
Same trying to reinstall 0.28. I have the feeling there is something deeper wrong with my phone, but maybe have any idea about why this is happening or how to solve it?

Arrgg! Forget about it, I checked the md5sum when I downloaded it but no when copying to the phone and I didn't have enough space in the directory I copied it so I got a truncated file in the phone and that's why the installation failed.

I could install 0.29 succesfully and it seems to work fine, but the about dialog reports 0.28 for me too (build 3043).

Originally Posted by llucax View Post
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade to yappari 0.29. First, I didn't see any upgrades available either in HAM (Hildon Application Manager) or FAM (Fast Application Manager), even after updating the catalogs (I'm using all the CSSU catalogs, even from testing and unstable).
[snip]

Same trying to reinstall 0.28. I have the feeling there is something deeper wrong with my phone, but maybe have any idea about why this is happening or how to solve it?

I'm glad you fix it, but maybe you disabled the original maemo.org catalogs during the transition from Nokia to the Community?

Maybe you're still using the mirrors.

People here have installed Yappari 0.0.29 through Application Manager with no problems.

http://maemo.org/packages/view/yappari/

If your About dialog says 0.0.28 or lower then you installed Yappari when it was still running. Kill it, or reboot your phone.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2013-04-15 at 23:30.

Thanks scorpius for yappari
Successfully installed and using it just need one help how to check received photos and videos in Yappari sent from the contacts.

I'm glad you fix it, but maybe you disabled the original maemo.org catalogs during the transition from Nokia to the Community?

Maybe you're still using the mirrors.

People here have installed Yappari 0.0.29 through Application Manager with no problems.

http://maemo.org/packages/view/yappari/
I have the new ones, but I had freemantle-1.3 as distribution in extra-testing and I think I had to use just freemantle. Now it seems like it at least appears in FAM.

If your About dialog says 0.0.28 or lower then you installed Yappari when it was still running. Kill it, or reboot your phone.
Yeah, restarting Yappari showed the new version, so all good now, thanks.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp