Active Topics

Leave it in a nice warm spot. You can even stick it under a lamp to facilitate the evaporation quicker. Chances are, you won't have anything left to notice - if it was just rain water.

I had a friend dump her camera directly into a lake, where it sat for about 2 minutes while we tried to fish it out.

She left it with me, and within 48 hours I had it 100% functional again with NO visible watermarking and I did not have to disassemble it.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Someone really make a video to demonstrate how to dry a phone with rice: http://sclipo.com/videos/view/how-to...hone-with-rice

Really, I think we need myth blaster to help us proving if rice really works, but it's your phone to take your chance with, and no other phone but a N900! So I'd highly recommend you to use some real dehydration agents like silicone gel which you can find in camera stores.

Also, if you've watched the disassembling video you can see that some electronics connections in N900 is not wired but pairs of thin metal foils. It's definitely not good in the long run if some moisture gets inbetween. If you don't want to disassemble it you still want to use some strong dehydration agents to abosrb this moisture.

Rice...hmmm.....

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
RICE=MAGIC

Screen looks perfect btw it was in rice for 12+ hours only

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 410 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Fife, Scotland.
Rice doesn't help much.
Think about it this way.
If rice absorbed huge amounts of water from the air, you'd need to keep it tightly sealed, or it'd be a drippy mess.

And - well - it's not.

Place in a warm dry place - after removing the battery - around 50C is good - for a couple of days at minimum.
Getting water out of narrow spaces can take a lot of time.
Dissasembly would make this easier - but is much more complex.