Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jimmy neutron View Post
Hi,

Longpress the chosen app.. and then drag to any chosen app release onto app and voila,you have a red circle-thingy with a number inside

kind Regards

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Now make this update last.
Next one will be in two months
Not yet. There should (unless there are exigent circumstances) be one more update before the summer break.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
And if you want something else than a red circle, tap on the icon in the folder view

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
Update seems to have bricked the phone. Process of installing went fine until it rebooted and showed Jolla logo, after that stays black and no response to anything. Pressing again shows the red light (turning power off?). If powering again -> vibration and jolla logo -> then total blackness as described. Had the latest update before this. Factory reset?

Seems to be more cases of the same kind in the "2gether.jolla.com release notes"-topic.

Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by andreas1 View Post
Update seems to have bricked the phone. Process of installing went fine until it rebooted and showed Jolla logo, after that stays black and no response to anything. Pressing again shows the red light (turning power off?). If powering again -> vibration and jolla logo -> then total blackness as described. Had the latest update before this. Factory reset?

Seems to be more cases of the same kind in the "2gether.jolla.com release notes"-topic.
Have you tried to take the battery out, put it in again and then press the power button to see if the device will boot?

Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
Have you tried to take the battery out, put it in again and then press the power button to see if the device will boot?
Yes, it made no difference.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by andreas1 View Post
Yes, it made no difference.
Did you have any patches installed prior to upgrading?

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
This looks awesome! Can't wait for the N9 port to be updated!
It's still on 1.0.2.5. This update is going to take a very. very. long time.

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Not yet. There should (unless there are exigent circumstances) be one more update before the summer break.
There was supposed to be two updates before holidays, but they were combined. Is it somewhere announced that update 8 is going to come earlier than planned?

Edit: Just noticed the "I'm a Jolla sailor" signature, so maybe you know better

Last edited by TemeV; 2014-06-09 at 22:39.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Installed without a problem for me. Lots of both big and small changes.

My contacts now seem to be syncing images where they hadn't before. Now my People cover is actually showing images instead of names.

CalDAV support is there but I've tried all sorts of incantations to get the right server address and path for iCloud and either get blank calendar names and no events synced or I get no calendars recognised. Surely 'popular CalDAV providers' is missing the elephant in the room if no Apple iCloud support?

I've not tried ownCloud support for my other calendars.

Fast scrolling is enabled (finally). Flick rapidly and a scroll bar with top/bottom fast forward buttons appears. This seems to be system wide as it's working in third party apps too like Tweetian.

Maps got an update but I've not spotted anything major.

Folder support is there but seems a bit rushed with basic transitions, unrecognisable folder icons and a fiddly method of creating folders, especially as I found moving an icon over the folder made the folder jump up a row if it's the first in a row. Room for improvement.

The media player has some layout tweaks I think but still some way to go before it beats the N9 player.

IMAP accounts in Mail have icons that have been hit with the fugly stick. Green background?

Mail will warn you if the certificate mismatches or is untrusted and you can click 'Accept untrusted certificates' to go back to the old behaviour. It'd have been better if it told you what the certificate is and asked you to trust each on an individual basis rather than trusting all. Next update ?

Tapping on a notification icon in the lock screen gives you an idiot prompt to swipe up from the bottom to get notifications. I still think the notification screen should be on the left, like the N9, and the notification icon should take you to that section of the notification screen. ie. like it says it was going to be like at one point at https://sailfishos.org/core-events-article.html instead of the ambiance settings.

This seems like the first update that's really made a difference for me feature wise. An impressive update.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:

Tags
party