Active Topics

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
The first error is meaningless, the mount point will not get used.
Try this please for the second error
Code:
mount -t vfat /dev/mmcblk0p1 /media

Great, this one does the trick.

New problem - there is not enough space on my eMMC for creating archive with rootfs. I am using, unfortunately, Windows XP on my PC. When I connect N900 to free some space and execute ems command, PC does not "see" mass storage. Do you have any solution for this problem?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Did you unmount the MyDocs partition before trying to enable mass storage mode?

I did not mount it at all. I executed only ems command in rescueOS, but my Windows do not "cooperate" with N900.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
This may not sound very helpful, but i am no WindowsXYZ user:

You may need some USB drivers for the Nokia N900, or help yourself long term, install some decent linux distribution to avoid those security and driver issues of WindowsXYZ.

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
This may not sound very helpful, but i am no WindowsXYZ user:

You may need some USB drivers for the Nokia N900, or help yourself long term, install some decent linux distribution to avoid those security and driver issues of WindowsXYZ.

I know that Windows is a piece of s..., but I must use it in case of compatibility reasons. I will try to free space on eMMC using other PC with Linux.

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Maybe it is possible to pipe tar gz or dd through telnet. In this case you don't need to delete files.

I have done this with ssh and I think it should also work with telnet.

OK. It is done on a PC with linux. Mass storage mode under rescueOS works perfectly fine on Linux, but not on Windows.

Now I will try to copy rootfs. Maybe somebody - in the mean time - could help me solve the problem described in post #29. If not - I must reflash whole device.

Rootfs copied and transferred to PC. Thank you very much michaaa62 for a great help in doing this.

The Following User Says Thank You to NotMicro For This Useful Post:
I have tried once again to flash only parts of fiasco image (for testing). And I am not sure if it is going the right way. On the picture which I attached to this post you can see a messages for example:
"sending kernel image<1705 kB> ...
100% <1705 of 0 kB, avg. 1705 kB/s"

I wonder if value 0 KB in the text above is normal or not. In other words - was flashing really done?
Attached Images