Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Why have TMO members donated money to a "foundation" whose only director now declares the foundation as unrelated to Maemo?
I don't believe he said anything of the sort, you seem to be misconstruing what he said.
You seem to be confused, perhaps you should review the dozen or so epic threads that outlined what HF encompassed.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Absolute rubbish.

We now have $7000 of server hardware. We will soon have maemo.org, the maemo trademarks, the maemo website, the maemo infrastructure, and as much of the maemo software as possible.

This is possible only because HiFo exists. If HiFo didn't exist, we wouldn't even be able to read this message now.

The people who founded and began to run HiFo Board are friends, and on the same side as the community - but you can't see that, you go around repeatedly insulting and calling names like "emperor" instead. Negative politics suck. The people who founded Hildon Foundation and worked to save maemo when other people did not (including the name callers) deserve to be treated better.
Rob, take your pills, then reread what I wrote. How you can make an insult out of me quoting some inspecific sort of people thinking there should be an emperor is **absolutely** beyond me.

also, I don't exactly get it what you hope to "steer" with that server?

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
TBH, it was kind of a weird/non-helpful sentence, even if it really wasn't directed at him....
Why even make it in the 1st place, is that how you genuinely perceive some people, do you honestly think it's justified/accurate, why? Honest Qn.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-03-13 at 17:04.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Ah please. Could you just shut up if you have nothing to say?
Thank you.
Ok, I'm forming my own alliens at TMO. Good luck with your election and your atittude.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

I will follow you Dave, the community will surely survive with your fearless leadership

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
@jalyst

Well, more often than I'd like I encounter users/drive-by-commenters that suggest "the community should be guided to do this or do that" - usually the demands are specific like "council should tell (CSSU) developers to port maemo to XY" or similar. I honestly wonder what those guys are thinking and what I should think about them. Anyway those guys are the only ones that honestly suggest that any maemo entity like HiFo or council should "steer" something. So I guess it's fair to assume it would be first and foremost those guys that needs steering, if we would do any such thing like steering the community (maybe we got a definition problem here: when I say "maemo" I mean the community and maybe the OS. For sure I don't mean peripheral stuff like an infra. Maybe others do exactly that: maemo=the-website). Usually those guys asking for council/HiFo doing "steering maemo" also don't get it when I try to explain to them that council is community's ambassadors, not their leaders. Same applies for HiFo which are more like community's stewards, but also not leaders.
How Rob got mad about this comment about a particular kind of people "in community" is honestly beyond me. What I understand however is him accusing me for namecalling while same time he calls my posts "rubbish" and judges on what I get or don't get, based on unrelated statements that are really completely unlinked to what I wrote. Or did I say "HiFo is useless"???

:baffled:

/j

[edit]
[quote jalyst] ...I don't believe he said anything of the sort, you seem to be misconstruing what he said.[/quote]
he's not the only one: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=25 [quote Woody] You've worded it poorly enough that community ablaze, screaming about HiFo separating from the community[/quote]

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-03-13 at 17:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Ok, I'm forming my own alliens at TMO.

What is alliens? That word is not in my dictionary.....

This is much clearer, it helps remove confusion & find some common ground, there's no 100% right way on how to take things forward (except for the more technical/immediate migration related stuff ofc), everyone needs to be prepared to hear everyone out, & appreciate the merits of one another's views. This is especially important for the Council & BoD, & they in turn need to reach out to their constituents, & not just the same old hardcore clique. Council/BoD has to go out of it's way to ensure that the entire community's well aware of what's happening, + give it time to digest & offer feed-back. All of this is mostly done in my estimation, & usually done pretty well, ofc there's always room for improvement, & everyone's fallible, but that's what we should always strive for. We must also never forget that all of us want a community that's healthy/vibrant, even 7yrs from now, we may disagree on how we go about that, but ultimately our end goal is the same.

Anyway, I genuinely wish everyone well on that ride, I've decided to back away completely from the community for approx. 7mths, simply too much going on IRL. I really admire those who are able to sufficiently time manage themselves so that they can give back, big respect to everyone who does that, whether it be as a developer or some other way. This should be my last post, so if anyone sees me posting again, please do chastise me for having no will power!

Adios.

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
he's not the only one: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=25 Woody: You've worded it poorly enough that community ablaze, screaming about HiFo separating from the community"
Well that's hardly declaring that the foundation now does nothing in the interests of Maemo xx-6x, which is what Reinob's post implied.
Seems to be little more than a "storm in a tea-cup", which (sadly) is a holding pattern this community often gets itself into.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-03-14 at 05:41. Reason: typo

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by setter View Post
What is alliens? That word is not in my dictionary.....
I'm sorry. I mean Alliance of cource.

I'm forming if you need any help in the future:

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
Thank you Dave, now I understand what you meant.

I think it is very important that we use the rigths words to prevent misunderstanding. It is easier for people who are native English speakers to understand misspellings than it is for us who have it as a second language.

Closed Thread

Tags
board