Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
If the files are not named "cover.jpg", Tracker won't pick them up. If you play a song without a cover, OMP looks by itself for "cover.jpg" (in case Tracker failed for some reason or the cover was removed from the cache), "front.jpg" and "folder.jpg". Hopefully it explains what's going on.
Hmm, strange.
I use the method to include the cover in the MP3-File it self with with an application called MP3tag.
A few days I added 10 albums and some albums have thumbnail in the Albums-meny and some dont for no particula reason.
The are all .jpg, ~100kb and from 500x500 to 700x700.

There havnt been any problem with this before since a few updates ago.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Hmm, strange.
I use the method to include the cover in the MP3-File it self with with an application called MP3tag.
Ah, I forgot about embedded art. I tried that today with a few songs, but there was nothing out of ordinary, all covers were available within a minute since SFTP'ing them to the phone. Maybe I'll also perform a more extensive later.

A few days I added 10 albums and some albums have thumbnail in the Albums-meny and some dont for no particula reason.
The are all .jpg, ~100kb and from 500x500 to 700x700.
If album art for some songs does not appear even after playing them, does resetting help? (Press and hold the image in Now Playing to show a menu with that option.)

Does the stock player have any problems?

There havnt been any problem with this before since a few updates ago.
If you think it's a regression, you could try with an older version from http://maemo.org/packages/view/openmediaplayer/. If downloadable packages are not old enough, I can provide even more dated debs, just tell me which version you want.

End of a weekend is a good time to dump changes from git to the repository, so here comes another release.
  • Added an option to zoom videos to fit the screen.
  • Moved "Continuous video playback" option to the video window.
  • Slightly refined the appearance of already existing elements of the video window.
  • Eliminated the delay between pressing a key and starting searching.
  • Searching does not cause jumping to the middle of a list.
  • Volume buttons use icons from the active theme.
  • Added the missing animation frame in the playback indicator.
  • Updated translations.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Can you please change the name in the desktop file to OMP or something short because "Open Media Player" is not all shown
Thanks for your efforts, for the records you are in my "Heroes list"

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
yup this name doesn't look good on such a beautiful media player

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seanmcken For This Useful Post:
its a request that plz add those media player dots loading bar on open media player to look more decent

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
From now on, if you want to use "Headset button action", you need policy-settings-rx51 modified by Pali, which also remedies issues with "Prevent playback interruptions" enabled at the same time. policy-settings-rx51 0.4.10.8+0m5 is a part of CSSU T-maemo5

With "Prevent playback interruptions" skipping worked that way and pause/resume was completely broken. With latest OMP and CSSU there shouldn't be any problems.
Well I have the latest CSSU installed (testing flavour) but I've lost headset button control

Any suggestions?

Forget I even said it! Just noticed that playback interactions was reset to never

Thanks again for OMP

Last edited by zifis; 2012-09-17 at 17:30. Reason: Solved the problem

[*]Added an option to zoom videos to fit the screen.
Simple and ingenious Thanks a lot, it makes life easier (no need to re-encode some less improtant videos, to cut off letterbox or other crap from frames).
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Woot! This is awsome. I'm using my n900 to review video lectures and often have to pause to take a note. The simple overlay no longer obscures slide text. Perfect!

One feature I'd very much like to see is a 5 sec. rewind keyboard shortcut. Sort of like the Tivo DVR. Just a quick rewinder to queue back to a certain spot. Very useful for those video lectures.

//EDIT OH! "seek" is what you call it! 10 seconds using left and right arrow keys will do the trick, too!

Great job.
X

Last edited by xtiansimon; 2012-09-17 at 22:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xtiansimon For This Useful Post:
in my phone the open media player takes more memory for processing and sometimes phone hangs plz can anybody help? and another 1 question how to make omp as default media player??

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russe89 For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse