Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Jeddah,Saudi Arabia
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
So the link to /opt/usr/share/fonts exists. Does it contain your fonts?
Code:
ls -al /opt/usr/share/fonts
as my above posts,i've reinstalled genuine fonts,after that i havnt touched them again.
as your suggestions,now when i want customised font i will put them in .fonts folder in MyDocs
that will work now (i think)

Still dreaming an updated version......

...because i'm sure, n900 will not die so easily!

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by xes View Post
Still dreaming an updated version......

...because i'm sure, n900 will not die so easily!
Is Opera 11 not working OK for you? I don't think I have any complaints at the moment, although I have to admit that I rarely use Opera.

No, Opera 11 is working perfectly (except some page very loaded with scripts) but i have to say that in every other platform Opera 12 is a lot faster than version 11 in the same platform.....so, considering our beloved device's hardware limits, if it was a little faster it would be better.... don't you think?

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
opera 11 sucks and always laggy and crashing

Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
opera 11 sucks and always laggy and crashing
I'm finding the opposite. Fast, only lags when it runs into the N900s 256MB memory limit, never crashes. It's also extremely compatible with today's internet.

The only things I'm missing are the ability to play videos, the lack of automatic capitalisation and the inability to save sessions. The latter would mitigate the fact that Opera Mobile 11 won't sleep properly and burns battery when not used

There was some talk about getting Opera 12 to run via MeeCoLay.

Last edited by _David_; 2012-10-06 at 03:35.

Hello everyone,

I've just uploaded 12.1 for the N900 to the development repository. This will be the final major update for Maemo, however since since the build has received very little testing I might do a bug fix update if any brown-paper-bag bugs show up.

No build for the N800/N810 at this time, it doesn't work right on device for unknown reasons, maybe I'll get around to figuring out why, but don't count on it.

I'd like to give a big thank you to all Opera fans, the weekly usage statistics have stayed surprisingly steady over the last year, that's what motivated me to create this final release.

/ohrn

The Following 77 Users Say Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by ohrn View Post
Hello everyone,

I've just uploaded 12.1 for the N900 to the development repository. This will be the final major update for Maemo, however since since the build has received very little testing I might do a bug fix update if any brown-paper-bag bugs show up.

No build for the N800/N810 at this time, it doesn't work right on device for unknown reasons, maybe I'll get around to figuring out why, but don't count on it.

I'd like to give a big thank you to all Opera fans, the weekly usage statistics have stayed surprisingly steady over the last year, that's what motivated me to create this final release.

/ohrn
AWESOME NEWS!
Thank you!!!!!!!

I've got one (little) request for N900 and the N9 though.
Can you add a "TAB" button when you're typing in a textbox to get quickly to the next textbox? It works with a bluetooth keyboard, so I'm sure it'll work with a virtual "tab" button aswell
This will make our lives easier

Edit: Added a quick mockup screenshot to show you what I mean.
Attached Images

Last edited by HtheB; 2012-10-10 at 14:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ohrn View Post
I've just uploaded 12.1 for the N900 to the development repository.
I'd like to click 100x the thanks button!! Just Awesome

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Russe89 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Thank you so ****ing much ohrn for supporting the N900
: D

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:

Tags
fast browser, opera