Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Great game! But way too short, some kind of endless-game would be great in any further version, but for now i think, the laser-tower is little overpowered, nearly all waves done with 2 towers, when getting enough money building an third of them and all waves are save.
Maybe an "Hard-Mode" would be great, where the spawns have +50% health and maybe +25% movement-speed.
All in all its a wonderful game, sometimes i am getting laggs for ~5 seconds, absolutely random, could not reproduce it... Maybe its some background-action of my phone, who knows

BIG THANKS for this game!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Russe89 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Not my type of game but I installed it anyway. And I must say I am impressed with one of the smoothest running games on the N900. Well done.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by Russe89 View Post
Great game! But way too short, some kind of endless-game would be great in any further version, but for now i think, the laser-tower is little overpowered, nearly all waves done with 2 towers, when getting enough money building an third of them and all waves are save.
Maybe an "Hard-Mode" would be great, where the spawns have +50% health and maybe +25% movement-speed.
All in all its a wonderful game, sometimes i am getting laggs for ~5 seconds, absolutely random, could not reproduce it... Maybe its some background-action of my phone, who knows

BIG THANKS for this game!!!
+1 for an idea of endless mode (something like the original tetris - with each next level, the difficulty rises a little bit - e.g. 110% of enemies from last round, or something like that)

I didn't notice any lags, everything works well @805mhz, great to see such nice looking 3d game on n900 did you consider putting it in extras-devel (non-free, as i understand it's not open soruce)? More people would notice it and play this great game

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
did you consider putting it in extras-devel (non-free, as i understand it's not open soruce)? More people would notice it and play this great game
I talked with TheBurek about that. He didn't quite figure out how that worked, but said he would be pleased if I could put it in extras-devel.

I did an attempt yesterday, but it failed without a clear error message. Will give it another go soon.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Could u plz put it in extras-devel?

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 329 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
@vetsin, did you try multiple times? I suspect -O3 flag while compiling is giving me some random instabilities. A friend also told me towers won't construct on his Android like they should, maybe after tapping 10-15 times on the same place. Has anyone else had this?

@skate_boy92, try using the DEB, and as ade said, use sudo apt-get -f install

@Russe89, thank you for your suggestions! I know the game should be longer, and some kind of infinite mode would be awesome, but I didn't have the time to implement it, as it would require a substantial ammount of tweaking and balancing. In the short term, I'll probably make more levels, and I guess some kind of "hard mode" is doable, I'll consider it. I'd also love to make massive epic battles, but such a thing would be prohibitively expensive performance-wise. More enemies and more towers quickly eat up CPU and GPU on mobiles, so there were some painful compromises to make.

Once again, thank you all for your feedback!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheBurek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Agree with the laser tower part. Also the manual mode feels WAY better then the towers shooting for themselves. I cleared the whole game (except the last level) perfect with only Laser Tower fully upgraded and Magnet tower upgraded.

It kinda feels like the normal towers are dumb when it comes to shooting. What also might be cool is to add resistance. So you don't have to make new creeps.

Example: You can choose to upgrade your towers to bullet penetration or explosive damage. Then you can have creeps that are resistend to these effects so it will be harder.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Not me at least

Did you install the deb file, or did you use the tar.gz file?

If you used the tar.gz file: did starting from the command prompt result in an error message in x-terminal?

If you used the deb file:
In x-terminal:
Code:
cd /opt/DefGear-maemo
./RevDefense.sh
And see if any error appear after your crash.
Hi ade!
I got the deb version and here's the error message:
Rev3D (build Dec 7 2012 17:28:51) Maemo (32 bit)
================================================== =======
Log file "Rev3D.log" opened.
Current mode : 800 x 480 x 16
Going for video mode : 800 x 480 x 32 (fullscreen)
Video mode set
GL Renderer : PowerVR SGX 530
GL Version : OpenGL ES-CM 1.1
GL Vendor : Imagination Technologies
Max HW tex size : 2048
GL Extensions : GL_OES_byte_coordinates GL_OES_fixed_point GL_OES_single_precision GL_OES_matrix_get GL_OES_read_format GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_point_sprite GL_OES_point_size_array GL_OES_matrix_palette GL_OES_draw_texture GL_OES_query_matrix GL_OES_texture_env_crossbar GL_OES_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_OES_texture_cube_map GL_OES_blend_subtract GL_OES_blend_func_separate GL_OES_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_stencil_wrap GL_OES_extended_matrix_palette GL_OES_framebuffer_object GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_stencil8 GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_OES_EGL_image GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_IMG_read_format GL_IMG_texture_compression_pvrtc GL_IMG_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_IMG_texture_stream GL_IMG_vertex_program
[RSS-SDLMix] Audio init OK
NetHook disabled
[ERROR] [RSS-SDLMix] Error loading file : #sound/gui/trumpet.ogg
[ERROR] [RSS-SDLMix] Error loading file : #sound/game/defeat.ogg
[ERROR] [RSS-SDLMix] Error loading file : #sound/music/victory.ogg
Segmentation fault

I tried running it without enabling sound and got to complete a level. Haven't tested beyond that.

Last edited by vetsin; 2012-12-09 at 14:07.

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Maybe you should install the package ogg-support?

Else we need TheBurek from the technical department

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by TheBurek View Post
@vetsin, did you try multiple times? I suspect -O3 flag while compiling is giving me some random instabilities. A friend also told me towers won't construct on his Android like they should, maybe after tapping 10-15 times on the same place. Has anyone else had this?
Hi TheBurek,

I tried it multiple times and disabling the sound allows me to play it.
Thanks!

@ade,
i already have that package installed... thanks anyway.

Last edited by vetsin; 2012-12-09 at 14:44.