Active Topics

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
for those installed multoboot

kernel-bootimg gets pulled ie not installed.

sudo update again

and do apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg
It says that it needs to uninstall "multiboot-kernel-power" That's not good is it?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pali View Post
I'm ignoring all posts about battery temperature...
Welcome to talk.maemo.org dear devel. Prepare yourself to complete shaitstorm of our dear fellow and eager testers that do not have time to read. Also thanks to this places very very open environment that allows all kinds of conversation going on so that we do need only tiny winy moderation. It has proven to be effective way since dawn of vbulletin *facepalm*. At least we have effectively managed to drive away some devels that do not have so called thick skin.

So do not wonder why some devels like to hang out rather in IRC and mailing lists :|

.edit
And btw. Huge thanks for your amazing work!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
It says that it needs to uninstall "multiboot-kernel-power" That's not good is it?
Multiboot-kernel-power package is not needed anymore, because everything needed for multiboot is in kernel-power-bootimg package now.

Pali, confirming that uploaded packages work, great job

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Multiboot-kernel-power package is not needed anymore, because everything needed for multiboot is in kernel-power-bootimg package now.
yes, it's true, because multiboot-kernel-power refers to v46 i think. (correct me if i'm wrong). I manually renamed files (bootimage and entry for multiboot) and got working n11 vostok witk kp47 on maemo. I don't know it has implemented this wl1251 drivers? For me packet injection is working.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
No it is not. I don't want to clone KP but to enhance it. And btw extras-devel IS for software one takes risk to have broken system if installs SW from it. Read the wiki. And how is current (v47) better when it is breaking userland functionality (battery readings) . I am sure you have missed my point, don't like the other options.

So in case I have been unclear - I am trying to allow n900 users to be able to play/record 720p video on their devices. dspbridge driver upgrade is just first step. gstreamer-dsp, gstreamer-openmax, libbridge, omapfb - those are userland packages which have to be upgraded/installed too. I still don't have them packaged for upload to extras-devel , that is why I said that kernel patch should not be included in KP until those parts are ready. It does not mean it will burn you,your house or your n900 if installed, OK? And I think it is always better if anyone else but me is able to test/evaluate such huge patch, that is why I attach zip file here. Once I am ready with above mentioned packages(assuming there is kernel support) I plan to talk with MAG/nicolai to implement support for 720p in OMP and CUI2 respectively. But all this depends on kernel, agree?

I saw you recently become a part of CSSU team, well, tell me, should we hang MAG for including QT 4.7.2 with broken raster renderer in CSSU and breaking most of QT apps?

I really appreciate your efforts and hard work of being maintainer of KP and part of CSSU team, please, respect my work too.
If we can provide correct update dependences and it will be tested that it works, then there is no problem.

But I need know this: What happends if I update only kernel with dsp patches? It is possible to boot phone (but all videos will be closed/crashed)?

And for bq27x00_battery module: This modele is not in default stock Nokia kernel. So it does not break anythink...

PS: please responce/send me message by email. This thread is now big and I can loose your posts!

Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
Yes this is good. Kerne power boot image has own support for multiboot (it does not depends on other packages).

Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Well I just wanted to play with my microdia webcam :P.
and I just remembered that driver is in mainstream since 2.6.31. but maemo's kernel is older. However, I have a git link for module source for older kernels, if you can compile it for power kernel that would be great. Thanks.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...a-driver-draft
Sorry I do not have time to backporting drivers from new version... If you can provide me patch which backport it I can include it in new version.

Last edited by pali; 2011-05-04 at 08:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lolloo View Post
I see you have got power 47 to work with injections modules, would you kindly direct me how you got it working please.

thanks.
I did absolutely nothing. Just loaded the bleeding edge wifi driver on top of kernel v47. it seems to integrate, is everything working properly? i am not the right person to answer that. Linux gurus can answer that. But i can tell you that lsmod output does show wl1251 loaded and being used. I have not had any problems so far. I am behind a wireless router.

Originally Posted by pali View Post
I'm ignoring all posts about battery temperature...
Just ignore the sh|tkickers who are to dumb to read ( Yes I am PERSONALLY insulting EVERYONE who has said somthing about the temperature being out by a factor of 10, except bratag.)

I have your temperature widget right here:

Code:
echo $(cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp) | awk '{ print $1/10}'
Put that in your | and smoke it. Now shut up and let the man code.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
I saw you recently become a part of CSSU team, well, tell me, should we hang MAG for including QT 4.7.2 with broken raster renderer in CSSU and breaking most of QT apps?
Yes, you should
(But that wouldn't help with the bug would it now?)

Back on topic, OMP uses mafw, and so does the stock player, if anything needs to be done to get 720p playback, it's in mafw-gst-renderer's sources (which aren't that bad to read tbh, lots of comments to help you find your way through etc)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
my n900 has gone mad o.o
after updating to v47 cpufre showing temperatue above 400 o.o
and the frequencies are 500 minimum and 600 maximum.
and i am damn sure it is not normal .
what to do to get temp back on track ?

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by eefo View Post
my n900 has gone mad o.o
after updating to v47 cpufre showing temperatue above 400 o.o
and the frequencies are 500 minimum and 600 maximum.
and i am damn sure it is not normal .
what to do to get temp back on track ?
2 posts above... is it explained with the temps...
and the frequencies:
try
Code:
sudo kernel-config limits 250 750
for minimum 250 and maximum 750...

The Following User Says Thank You to Russe89 For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou