Notices

can repeat automatically a video clip or loop it? Is there a way to do this?

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
With MPlayer in X terminal:

Code:
while : ; do mplayer /path/to/video/file.avi; done
Maybe this also works (source link):

Code:
mplayer -loop 0 /path/to/vide/file.avi
Alternatively maybe with a m3u file that lists the same file over and over again and you can then open the m3u file in the media player.

Another idea would be to use gst-launch with playbin2, again in a shell loop.

Last edited by thp; 2010-03-16 at 17:58.

I, too, have been wondering about this. Any other methods besides those listed below? (I tried the two "codes" in x terminal, but it didn't do anything. probably was my fault. is "mplayer" the same as the built-in n900 media player? b/c typing in "mplayer" only gave an error message, while "mediaplayer" at least allowed me to enter the code. well, hopefully I didn't screw up anything else while in there. is there a way to reverse what I typed in there, just in case?)

mplayer is an alternative video player, because the default one cant do what you want. You must install it from the application manager.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
mplayer -loop 0 /home/usr/Mydocs/.video/to/vide/file.avi
and other code no one worked for me

first code running x terminal very fast with some kind of error i can not read anything and says existing or something like that

and second code also same and giving error saying failed to open or some thing like that

the code comes very fast and could not read anything from plz help i was going to start another thread but i found this, so i am using this one
thanks in advanced!

EDIT: done it

just get mplayer and cd to folder then type

mplayer file.mp4 loop 0

use keyboard shortcut to manage player

Last edited by nicholes; 2011-04-04 at 12:17.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Canada
I use the following command quite frequently (playing music videos for my daughter) and it works flawlessly:

Code:
mplayer -fs -loop 0 vid1.avi vid2.avi ...
That's using mplayer, not mediaplayer. The "-fs" switch is to force fullscreen. The "-loop 0" parameter means loop forever.

Another option would be to use MediaBox and put your videos, if you have more than one, inside a playlist. MediaBox has the ability of doing "repeat all" or "repeat one": when your file is playing, tap the titlebar and you'll see the options.

The Following User Says Thank You to jprobichaud For This Useful Post:
Hello, thank you for your advice, I could not add the video in the default video folder of the n900; mediabox seems not to sees them. How to add them please?

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by cypherinfo View Post
Hello, thank you for your advice, I could not add the video in the default video folder of the n900; mediabox seems not to sees them. How to add them please?
go to xterminal and type..

Code:
tracker-processes -r
this will refresh your media file in media player

BTW what format of videos do you have?

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Thank you, the statement did not work! The format is .mp4.

Bye the way, the reason is: running - with repeat on - a video installation in your home 24/24 on your neighbor when tried to attacked you.

I fixed! I simply browsed to the right folder starting from the filesystem icon.

Bye.