Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
Hey all!

I have a virtual keyboard issue and I hope you can help

This morning after receiving a call, the UI switched to portrait. I rebooted and it went back to normal but I cant get the virtual keyboard to work ever since!

I rebooted again twice and still there is no way I can get the virtual keyboard to work...

any Ideas?

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Aberdeen, UK
Have you checked the "Text input" section in Settings?

Originally Posted by Zigmat View Post
Have you checked the "Text input" section in Settings?
Yes I have and it was checked. I unchecked it rebooted then checked it again and rebooted again... still nothing...

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Aberdeen, UK
Originally Posted by zifis View Post
Yes I have and it was checked. I unchecked it rebooted then checked it again and rebooted again... still nothing...
Hmm, that's odd. Unfortunately I'm not sure what else you could try. Maybe trying to use text input during a call would wake up the virtual keyboard?

The Following User Says Thank You to Zigmat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zigmat View Post
Hmm, that's odd. Unfortunately I'm not sure what else you could try. Maybe trying to use text input during a call would wake up the virtual keyboard?
Good suggestion...I did that too... still no v-keyboard

being noticing this lately...its like it have a mind of it own. Mine only started working when i updated/re-flashed... now it is not working.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Might be a duplicate of https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8454 ? (No "I have this problem too" comments in Bugzilla please - feel free to vote for that bug instead)

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Might be a duplicate of https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8454 ?
It is definately related with the call portrait switch. I was texting with v-keyboard a few minutes before I received the call. When I ended the call and saw the portrait mode I switched off before taping on anything that could have made it worse.

The one thing I haven't tried is switching the v-keyboard's languages

I think I am in the twilight zone... After trying anything I could imagine with no results I thought of installing ukeyboard v2.1-1.

Not only did it wake up my virtual keyboard but I can now write in Greek using the H/W keyboard....

Go figure

Thank you all for your help

lost mine today s well. have no idea of how to get it back. sucks. any suggestions?