Active Topics

hi guys ,

I have a doubt here ...... How can i change the function of a key on keypad .... say for example , the " enter " key on the kepad .... in the instant messaging , when i type some text in [instant messaging] and press the enter key , the message gets sent .... so is it possible to make the enter key function as same in cellular messaging ?

if there is an app pls let me know !

TIA.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
http://wiki.maemo.org/Remapping_keyboard
thanx Venemo ..... but .... can you tell me how to make the enter key work as send button in conversations ?? pls !

I am new to linux so .... your help will be highly appreciated !

TIA

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
The thing is the N900 uses standard Linux xkb functionality for the keyboard map.

Asking the enter key to be anything other than an enter key in only specific situations is like the enter key giving you a new line in a text box when you're typing a post, but working like a "go" button when you hit enter from within a password entry field.

The keyboard map has nothing to do with that. The enter key still just submit the "enter key" signal to the OS and the program you're using. It's the program that decides what to do with it.

And the N900's Conversations program is closed source; you can't modify that realistically, and it's a pretty complex program to clone.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-04-25 at 07:33. Reason: Typo: the first "password" was supposed to be "post"

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Perth, WA, Australia
Have you tried fn+enter or ctrl+enter? That might do carriage return.

I am afraid what you are asking is impossible. The 'program' conversations interprets enter as new line. There is nothing you can map enter to to make it work the way you mean...unless you modified the conversations binary, but that ain't gonna happen.

Tags
enter, keypad, lazy noob, nokia