Active Topics

Notices

I decided to create a small list in the Wiki and attempt to gather ideas on what kind of apps or information really matters most to Internet Tablet enthusiasts. The goal is to give ideas to developers on what kinds of apps to make, based on the ideas and suggestions from the main users of Nokia Internet Tablets.

Please contribute directly on the wiki when you get the time. Expand the ideas to separate pages if needed. Thanks.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi...t_Matters_Most

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Good idea. As someone who doesn't own a tablet, it would be nice to see a section for people who decided not to buy one. Otherwise it might be difficult for the tablet community to expand.

Edit: Should there also be a section for general features? Reliable installation, finger-friendliness, full-screen usage, etc.

Last edited by slim; 2007-12-19 at 18:47.

Originally Posted by slim View Post
Edit: Should there also be a section for general features? Reliable installation, finger-friendliness, full-screen usage, etc.
That's a good idea. Do add that in!

OK, I started adding some stuff to it. But I'm a little confused about how this is supposed to work. How can we tell how important the various things listed on the page are? If I want something, but 1000 people want something else, how do we tell? Is there some sort of way to set up a poll in a Wiki?

The Following User Says Thank You to slim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Lafayette, LA
I'm adding stuff to it to. (added podcasting/videocasting and remote desktop connection)
I'm adding a section for Geeks.

Originally Posted by slim View Post
OK, I started adding some stuff to it. But I'm a little confused about how this is supposed to work. How can we tell how important the various things listed on the page are? If I want something, but 1000 people want something else, how do we tell? Is there some sort of way to set up a poll in a Wiki?
Lets just add things on it for the mean time. Regarding ranking them, I can create a poll on the main page in the future.

The more I think about this, the more it makes sense to use polls. Otherwise, it will be very difficult to prioritize what will likely become a very long wish list.

Perhaps we could create a new forum, "Tablet wishlist", with sticky polls for the most-requested features?

There could be polls for:

1) What 3rd party apps would you use? (multi-select)
2) What UI features are important to you? (multi-select)
3) What community projects (other than software) would be useful to you? (multi-select)
4) Tablet owners: What OOB software improvement would you most like to see? (single-select)
5) Tablet owners: What OOB hardware improvement would you most like to see? (single-select)
6) Prospective owners: What OOB software improvement would you most like to see? (single-select)
7) Prospective owners: What OOB hardware improvement would you most like to see? (single-select)

There could be discussion associated with each poll.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Lafayette, LA
I still think having this wiki page with the large list is a good thing.
It lets you get an overview of what the general wants/needs are.

I would hope that a --reliable-- OS and app repository system is top of both users' --and-- nokia's lists.

edit:

As I said in the comments of someone's blog, the OS and application repository system is as much a part of the Nokia Internet Tablet as is the touch screen, which is why a reliable software distribution mechanism definitely should end up on any "what matters most" list that might be directed at Nokia (as well as third parties).

Last edited by wetcoast; 2007-12-20 at 15:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to wetcoast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
For me, it's being able to write my own programs for it and being able to port programs I want on it with relative ease.

(Well, and the fact that it's not only Linux, but runs X11. That makes things very easy, and gives me a very familiar environment, too.)