Active Topics

Notices

I've put compiled Clit 1.8 for os2008. Seems to work. I have no idea about debian packaging yet so it's a crude 'copy me over to the right dir' bzipped tarball. Hope someone will find it useful

The download is here http://www.spirytusick.pwp.blueyonde...lit1.8.tar.bz2

The Following User Says Thank You to spirytsick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 282 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Penniless Park, Fla.
- tks! i'll definitely use it (lots of books around in .lit format)... i use it on Ubuntu, but this is a bonus and will save a download and rebuild...

:-)

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Just to help anyone wondering what this utility is, it is the "ConvertLIT" utility, which can convert Microsoft Reader's .LIT e-book format to the Open eBook format.

http://www.convertlit.com

Can anyone tell me of an e-book reader for OS2008 that can read ebooks converted by ConvertLIT? fbreader and evince don't list this as a supported format.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Can anyone tell me of an e-book reader for OS2008 that can read ebooks converted by ConvertLIT? fbreader and evince don't list this as a supported format.
Lit books get exploded into OEB books, which are readable by FBReader.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ok, like I said, I couldn't find anwhere in the FBReader docs that said that OEB could be read by FBReader. Thanks.

I will hopefully have some time this weekend and try to create a deb packages for the lib and the actual convertlit.

Anyone with Python experience could probably make a little frontend that reads your FBReader search path preference, and basically imports a .lit file as an oeb into your fbreader library.

ConvertLIT can "explode" the LIT into an OEB (HTMLs, IMAGEs, and an OPF metafile). FBReader should be started on the .opf file.

If you were doing this in MS Windows, I would suggest using the ConvertLIT GUI (available separately) and also to then make a zip file out of the OEB files and rename it .oebzip. FBReader recognizes .oebzip as a ZIP file containing an OEB book.

See post http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...1&postcount=18 for a GUI on the device. Does not do the import into FBreader though. I've not had any feedback so I've not updated it.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Funny name

Thanks qole for clarification.