Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
Not a lot of posts in the thread, but the exposure should help a bit with the donation drive...

http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/1...to-nokias-n900

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
A lot of negative comments over there. It seems like there are a lot of people who just don't understand the goals of the project and its target audience.

Look's like these Slashdoter's have no idea about what Neo900 really is. Look's like somebody will have to explain them it ;-)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It goes to show how niche of a market the Neo900 truly seems to be outside of this forum. I think the biggest problem is in information and awareness. A lot of projects have a mindshare but they're also good at communication.

I fear that Neo900 doesn't do that (communication) well outside of past N900 users and owners.

Just a thought...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Agree, but at the same time I think they are doing a great job communicating. Even more and better than huge products. This project communicating on another level than regular users understands or used to. . They want to see a highend spec and a image or two. Now they see something "strange" and emidiatly find something they don't like about it. And that's what they post.

A link to TMO thread could be nice, but other than that I think it's the users responsibility to track down enough info before speaking.

Either way, I think they are doing a excellent job answering questions 247. What if jolla could give us at least a 2 hours session?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-03 at 07:28.