Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
My N900 running the latest CSSU testing has a 52 day uptime, still loads all apps, plays music, connects to wifi and 3G, goes online. My Nexus 4, running CM 10.3 has to be rebooted every couple of days, otherwise ALL apps just FC.

Go figure...

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Originally Posted by cr0c0 View Post
My N900 running the latest CSSU testing has a 52 day uptime, still loads all apps, plays music, connects to wifi and 3G, goes online. My Nexus 4, running CM 10.3 has to be rebooted every couple of days, otherwise ALL apps just FC.

Go figure...
Contrary: my N900 lasts only ~36 hours even on airplane mode (I still don't know why), and is hell slow, yet my Nexus 4 with CM10.2 has 1600MB+ of free RAM (Autostarts is man's best friend), battery lasts 5 days with cellular network and I wouldn't need a reboot at all.

I have to say that Nexus 4 really needs some patience to set up for optimal condition, because when you mess with it at the same intensity as with an N900, it will give all sorts of FCs and lags, but if you don't treat it as N900's successor and burden it with apps and mods, it will run as advertised.

Good luck with your Nexus!

Time to move on. If you can't afford an N950, and don't know how/where to fetch a Jolla, then head for Android reluctantly, or you're stuck. Seriously.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
Thanks for the reply...

I am by no means saying the n900 is faster, or that the battery lasts longer than the nexus 4. Far from it. It's dog slow, and has half the battery life at best. But the n900 just works (except for the annoying ringtone bug pali is working on).

I am not computer literate anymore when it comes to Android, but it feels as if the entire java vm just craps out once in a while. Nothing of the kind ever happened to my N900.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom, Huddersfield
I have found the N900 to be the most stable smartphone I have ever used...
100 days uptime and it still works as expected, no lags etc running Cssu-Thumb (Testing).

My Nexus* and Galaxy S devices are nowhere near as stable.