Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
No go. I think they are using it and where it takes you.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Maemish, be patient and do not give up.
For my work, I had to purchase from Chinese suppliers.
It took a while to get what I was looking for, but I got it really cheap.
Use pictures to say what you need.
Prepare several identical emails and contact as many as suppliers you can find.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilmanowar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Does anyone know where to buy keyboards for N900? I have now found where to buy usb ports, back covers (without the camera lid though), and whole body frames with backover WITH camera lid.

What I would need to find is back covers with camera lid and keyboards with the keyboard frame. I need these to fix the 58 N900 phones I bought and with which I hope I can support the community.

There are chinese manufacturers who sell refurbished N900s and there have been those fake N900 phones as well so someone somewhere can produce and sell the parts. So does anyone have any contacts to China who could try to hunt down a suplier? Someone who speaks chinese would be needed I think.

I sent a pm to chen but got no answer and I can understand he has something else to work with. But if someone could help me with this I would really appreciate.
Hi there. If you don't mind to have a qwertz keyboard i can send it to you with a back cover

Last edited by deutch1976; 2020-06-03 at 08:09.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Those ebay parts are too expensive. The cost for a fixed phone would become too expensive. My best bet at Finnish online store has been 4 N900 for 30€, three of them fully working. I hope I can get to keep the cost as low as about 15-20€/N900 for new users with Leste. But it may be that I have to drop this whole project if one work project will happen. Then I have to buy probably an iPhone again and keep that as my main phone and I may not be in this forum that much anymore. I had to buy my first iPhone because of one work project. Now it seems I have to buy and use one again. And this work would take all my time and brain capacity. If it happens it happens and then I will try to offer this project with these phones to someone else. 150€/58 in some way broken N900 but about twenty with all parts and most of them has booted up.So with that price I can forward this project to someone with will, the same vision and time. Not gonna forward to someone after money and wanting to sell these for big money (like it would be possible).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I can offer you one new back cover. I think it should be a original one but I'm not 100% sure.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Heard today that the work thing does not start in the beginning of next year but very soon. Can't spend time with N900s anymore cause have to learn so much new things. Too bad. This just came out of the bushes and goes above other things. So maybe if there is an active member who is willing to take this work I appreciate. Otherwise I will hold on to these, will send them for usb fix but the pace everything happens will be slow.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Any active member living in a country which delivers mail to Greece? A member bought N900 from me and many weeks ago I reflashed it and installed everything so it is ready for use with updates and ssl etc. stuff but haven't been able to deliver it. I could send it to someone who could then forward it to Greece.

If you are willing to forward it you are aloud to open the package, check inside the N900 so nothing is hidden inside and also to boot up (no battery in the package though) the device to check there is no inappropriate material stored. I will give you the code to open the device.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
So how come you cannot send it from Finland? Do we have some restrictions on sending packets to Greece? (I did not know that we do?)

From posti.fi, frequently asked questions, mail to other countries and by clicking there a big blue box opens a pdf where is listed where mail is delivered. Companies can send but private mail does not move to many countries. I can send it to Turkey, Italy and Bulgaria right next to Greece but not to Greece. So annoying. Put time on device, got money, made a package but can't deliver.

Tags
fixing n900, n900 kb, parts