Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
I posted the pictures in the linked thread (didn't want to spam this thread with them, but now I see I could :P)
Everything related to n900 can be posted here...This is a party thread

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
I've seen four people ever with another N900.
Mostly in bus or just passing by.
OFC, they didn't see mine.
I'd like a N900 meet in Zagreb!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Good night
I'm listening to some music using my N900 and Sennheiser HD201's.
I am drawing something ATM so I'll probably post it here soon

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
Fixing camera-ui bugs, because noone is working on camera-ui anymore and camera-ui needs still lots of fixing I will take on the job.
Brave stuff. I remembe nicolai who did camera-ui2 writing that a binary blob stood in the way of some fixes (eg the failure of -0,5 ev to appy). So YMMV and one needs to know whats possible but you perhaps do.....

The overexposure effect of fcam should be resolvable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Finland
Firstly I'd like to say the N900 week was a great idea.

I just got my 2nd N900 after my first one's usb port got broken almost a year ago. Meanwhile I used my old e66 and also tried couple of android phones. Android isn't just my thing. And so after a year I'm back using this magnificent device.

After setting the new phone up with CSSU-thumb, kp52, doing little overclocking and tweaking, I was hoping to get some ideas how to use the device more efficiently and unleash its full potential. I really need to dig through forums more but I'd appreciate if you guys could give me some tips.

As for my old device, I was planning to solder in a new usb port, only to realize I lack the soldering skills for so small components. I thing that the wireless charging modification will have to do.

Keep up the good work!

P.S, This was posted with N900

Last edited by Z3R0; 2013-09-02 at 21:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Z3R0 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Brave stuff. I remembe nicolai who did camera-ui2 writing that a binary blob stood in the way of some fixes (eg the failure of -0,5 ev to appy). So YMMV and one needs to know whats possible but you perhaps do.....

The overexposure effect of fcam should be resolvable.
I think that I installed camera-ui2 and -ev is buggy, I get a blank VF and blank photos if I try to compensate even -0.5 EV.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I've seen a total of 3 people with N900's. I've been brave to talk only to one of them. But the first time I realized there are more than one, was when I was looking at the bluetooth devices while in a mall and a Nokia N900 appeared

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Z3R0 View Post
Firstly I'd like to say the N900 week was a great idea.

I just got my 2nd N900 after my first one's usb port got broken almost a year ago. Meanwhile I used my old e66 and also tried couple of android phones. Android isn't just my thing. And so after a year I'm back using this magnificent device.

After setting the new phone up with CSSU-thumb, kp52, doing little overclocking and tweaking, I was hoping to get some ideas how to use the device more efficiently and unleash its full potential. I really need to dig through forums more but I'd appreciate if you guys could give me some tips.

As for my old device, I was planning to solder in a new usb port, only to realize I lack the soldering skills for so small components. I thing that the wireless charging modification will have to do.

Keep up the good work!

P.S, This was posted with N900

Firstly: you CAN'T NEVER unleash it's full potential

A few tips what to do with your "broken usb N900" :

• -- IR photography / night vision - this is just awesome But its risky, you can easily destroy your camera module.
  • -- "Normal" USB mod and solar panel - also awesome
  • -- More HW mods! Wireless charging...

A few tips what to do with your "fine N900" :
  • -- Uboot - you must have this...
  • - Arch Linux - why not? Now with working X!
  • - Gentoo - its on Wiki, why? because Gentoo is awesome And if you are uber-geek you can compile it on N900.
  • - Fun with NITDroid! Let's try the ICS version!
  • - MeeGo - yet another system...
  • - Ubuntu 12.04 - Ubuntu Touch? No. Ubuntu.
  • - More. Moar!......
  • -- Port something! It's easy, well documented - just install scratchbox and START!
  • -- Lets have some fun with Saera - she (yes SHE is written in python! Google voice recognition API is cool! Write your own app for it!
  • -- Neural networks! Because A.I is cool! I will post the .deb with Fast Artifical Neural Networks library here soon! And tommorow it is (hopefully) going to extras-devel!
And now. What about "local N900 weeks?" Somebody from Czech Republic? Huh? Nobody? Yes, I mean you, Pali and MartinK!

Party hard!

PS:. Written on my N900!!

#lexik

Last edited by lexik; 2013-09-03 at 17:47.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lexik For This Useful Post:
We are united!!!
Someone from Croatia, Zagreb, let's meet!

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
I've been flip-flopping between the N9 and the N900 lately. One of my many uses on both is gps logging. I haven't tried Modrana for logging yet but have always been using eCoach. Today's bike ride to the community pool with he wife:
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whayong For This Useful Post:

Tags
andrew w.k, nokia n900, party hard