Posts: 146 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by oxpo View Post
Can't confirm that. If I have it set to portrait, the only way I can get it to landscape, is to open the hw-keyboard.

On swedish firmware.

/oxpo
Thanks for checking.

Did a restart and it fixed the problem.
So false alarm.

Hmmm .... killed hildon-desktop earlier, maybe something went wrong.

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
For me:

*the media player widget will let you pause a song but no resume.
*no saved connections error

Originally Posted by Robb View Post
I have now a issue with Telephone app.

There's a orientation (potrait/landscape) problem with telephone app.

1) Startup telephone app.
2) Go to settings and set the orientation to portrait (vertical)
3) Close telephone app
4) Turn telephone app on

The application is now working in landscape mode, when it should be working in portrait mode.

When you now choose a previous call it switches modes to portrait.

When you lock screen and unlock it returns to landscape.

During a call, it also automatically changes to landscape mode.

Can anyone confirm this? (or is it just me?)
Also can't replicate this bug, I'm on global firmware.

The Following User Says Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
look for your national keymap (in my case xkb_symbols "de") and change the line
Code:
key <LEFT>        { [     period,         comma,          comma,          comma           ] };
into
Code:
key <LEFT>  { [     period,         period,         comma,          comma
};
aren't you missing a ] there somwehere?
IMHO that should be
Code:
key <LEFT>  { [     period,         period,         comma,          comma
] };

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ manila
Originally Posted by asidana View Post
even though you have defined internet access points if you open a web page without connection to the Internet a warning comes up and says there are no saved connections while phone picks up your internet access points!
I get this too. Other than that mine seems ok and I didn't have a problem updating OTA.

my Ansel-A app became a bit sluggish though... but I'm not sure if it's because of the update. I'll have to test my apps if I see any that are not compatible.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Well, after i made a full flashing with the usa image and install all the apps i have before, there is a small list that apps doesn't work (don't open):

- Aptitude
- AutoComp Edit
- FM Radio

I have no kernel modifications (ie. Titan's kernel), USA image.

GPS engage more quickly!!! That's good.

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Admittedly crossposting from my OTA upgrade thread, but wanted to include here to get more eyes on the problem as well as completeness...

The upgrade went well (once I removed the conflicting packages associated with healthcheck), or so I thought. However, after it rebooted, I have no icons, no backgrounds and where the theme parts are are pink. In the upper left is a pink section where the status icons usually are only has the clock...And I also have a constant message saying "Internal error. Application 'Calendar' closed."

I rebooted a few times, then, yes, fell back to my Debian-ism and did an apt-get -f install, rebooted (no change) then did apt-get upgrade. It installed and configured the rest of the list of packages in the pkg manager (mainly dealing with mbarcode).

Anyone know what the pink bars with no icons indicates is missing? Or more to the point, know of a fix? I'm headed out to get the flash file, I don't have a problem with flashing it again, I just didn't want to if it wasn't necessary.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
xploder starts loading then goes back to main screen.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
The upgrade went well (once I removed the conflicting packages associated with healthcheck), or so I thought. However, after it rebooted, I have no icons, no backgrounds and where the theme parts are are pink. In the upper left is a pink section where the status icons usually are only has the clock...And I also have a constant message saying "Internal error. Application 'Calendar' closed."
Had a similar experience after I restored rootfs with BackupMenu. Some libraries were updated, assumingly, and some apps break.

If there was an error updating, if you restored some data, it could break. Also, the extras now uses the fremantle-1.3 repo, if you use fapman or similar you might get old builds.

In my case, apt-get install --reinstall fapman didn't fix it, it was broken until I reverted optfs back to a sync version with root.

There isn't enough info to determine exactly what's wring with your OTA, but it's possible, I guess, to break apps if you OTA to 1.3 and the upgrade apps via 1.2 repo (via fapman). HAM auto-gets "extras" repo to 1.3 on upgrade.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poland
NetStory also doesn't startup.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for all the information. Please, do not forget to report your problems also to the threads related to the application in question and/or their respective bug trackers. Not all devs are going read this.

Still, excellent read if in doubt whether to update.

Tags
pr1.3