It is strange how the S4 mini manages to get 54h endurance on gsmarena and Jolla only 2 days if it is not used much. They have almost the same specifications...

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by richardyates View Post
Yes I did. I've now wiped it again and left developer mode well alone for now!

Only problem I have right now is alarms. I set one for 6:43, set it and when it returned to the alarm screen, it showed 7:43

Convinced I must have made a stupid mistake I tried again, being very careful this time and I did set it for 6:43 - but it came up as 7:43 again!

Time zone is definitely right, so puzzled by that one. More to the point I now have 2 alarms at 7:43am, and I can't work out how to delete either, all I am able to do is toggle on or off

ah hurrah capchas are off - I must have asked enough!
Long pressing on the specific alarm at the alarms screen should open option to change it and to delete it.

Can't say anything about that one hour change in the alarm time. Doesn't happen to me.

Is your Store working correctly now?

Aha! thanks, my long press was not long enough!

Store now seems to be working. just tried another alarm, same thing happens - sets for one hour later

I think I'm just going to add things more slowly this time, if you try to add everything you want in one go, it makes it very hard to track down problems

Other issue is that since I completely wiped it, it doesn't react to having the backs changed. I'm not too fussed about different ambiences, but that could be an issue with some other halves

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
I confirm this working!
Can you go into more detail about limitations, if any...
Surely not all aspects of Play Store are working flawlessly?

Originally Posted by coco_f2001 View Post
It is strange how the S4 mini manages to get 54h endurance on gsmarena and Jolla only 2 days if it is not used much. They have almost the same specifications...
Remove the android stuff and it lasts. I have 3 days usage out of it, a lot better than my N9.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Philippe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Guys, how jolla show the caller id on in/out calls ?
Can it show image of the contract ? Big or small image like on n9 ?
Maybe someone can show screenshot ?
Thanks

Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
Remove the android stuff and it lasts. I have 3 days usage out of it, a lot better than my N9.
Same for BB10, if I start to heavily use android apps, my Z10 doesnt last half a day..

May as well start learning how to create native apps for what we want.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
May as well start learning how to create native apps for what we want.
I felt pretty comfortable with native Qt on maemo, but now I have to learn QML and also the interfacing between C++ and QML. I guess that's a little learning curve for us that will take a little time to overcome. I will learn QML, but to me that's a little stopper actually.

So does it affect on battery life if the Android support is installed or just using the Android apps does?

I don't really use much Android apps and the battery doesn't last very long time.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience