Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
You can update directly to 3.2.0.12, no need to go to 3.1 first.

I just built new files with the 3.2 sdk, here are the repos:

Code:
adaptation-community-hammerhead
http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/mautz:/sfos-latest/sailfishos_3.2.0.12_latest/

adaptation community-hammerhead-common
http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/devel:/hw:/common/sailfishos_3.2.0.12/

Last edited by mautz; 2019-11-27 at 21:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ New England
Hi, thanks again! I'm guessing I should re-flash to 3.0.3.9 first, then update directly to 3.2 with the new repos you created?

Originally Posted by canadien666 View Post
Hi, Thanks for the updated guide! I went through the whole procedure. (normal, not multirom)

The update to 3.1.0.12 worked, I tested with NO audio/media playback issues!

Then I followed the steps for the 3.2 upgrade, which worked except the audio/media playback issues are back with the 3.2!

So frustrating...

Thanks for your time.
Hmm. Maybe I should try to build a 3.1.0.12 image instead of 3.2.0.12? I will try.

Originally Posted by mautz View Post
You can update directly to 3.2.0.12, no need to go to 3.1 first.

I just built new files with the 3.2 sdk, here are the repos:

Code:
adaptation-community-hammerhead
http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/mautz:/sfos-latest/sailfishos_3.2.0.12_latest/

adaptation community-hammerhead-common
http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/devel:/hw:/common/sailfishos_3.2.0.12/
Thank you!

I have updated my post to reflect that we can go from 3.0.3.9 to directly 3.2.0.12.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ New England
Also noticed on my N5 after the 3.2 update that audio output through aux and BT isn't working.

The Following User Says Thank You to canadien666 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by canadien666 View Post
Also noticed on my N5 after the 3.2 update that audio output through aux and BT isn't working.
Hmm. This is really weird because What I did was the same. I installed a fresh 3.0.3.9 then instantly upgraded to 3.1.0.12 then to 3.2.0.12 and didn't have any of these issues. The only difference that I installed all of these in an extra rom in a multirom environment. But this shouldn't make any difference.
I suggest you to stay on 3.1.0.12 then. If I remember you said earlier everything worked fine on this version. Honestly there is not so much difference between 3.2.0.12 and 3.1.0.12.
(Until finalize/stabilize my build, time to time I still boot into my 2.0.4.13 installation which is much older than 3.1.0.12 but still quite stable for everyday use.)

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
@canadien666

Could you please post the output of
Code:
ssu lr
?

Okay, I had to admit that seemingly I remembered wrong regarding the video recording.

Here is my test result, I hope you find it useful:

on 2.0.4.13:
- jolla-camera: records video and can be saved.
- advanced camera: not tested
- cameraplus: records video and can be saved.

The video then can be played from Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
on 3.2.0.12
- jolla-camera: records a video but when I tap on the stop button to save what I recorded, it is crashing. After the crash jolla-camera or Advanced camera cannot be started. Reboot is required.
- advanced camera: when I hit the record button, it crashes
- cameraplus: version 0.0.30 cannot be installed because of missing libsndfile. (Even if I install libsndfile, it still doesn't find.) 0.0.29 installs but doesn't start error message: "symbol lookup error: /usr/share/harbour-cameraplus/lib/libqtcamera.so.1: undefined symbol: eglGetCurrentDisplay"

The video (created under 2.0.4.13 or other) can be played from Gallery.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
on 3.2.0.12wip0.16
- jolla-camera: freezes if I tap on the red button to record a video. The app can be closed, no reboot required.
- advanced camera: freezes if I tap on the red button to record a video. The app can be closed, no reboot required.
- cameraplus: version 0.0.30 cannot be installed because of missing libsndfile. (Even if I install libsndfile, it still doesn't find.) 0.0.29 installs but doesn't start error message: "symbol lookup error: /usr/share/harbour-cameraplus/lib/libqtcamera.so.1: undefined symbol: eglGetCurrentDisplay"

The video (created under 2.0.4.13 or other) can be played from Gallery.
I could not test 3.0.3.9 and 3.1.0.12 as already deleted them, but I think the video recording worked fine on 3.0.3.9 (unless I mix this up with 2.0.4.13)

Seemingly there is a problem in the latest version. The cameraplus might work if it was recompiled for 3.2.0.12.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Wrong thread?
Video recording never worked and probably will never work in cm13. Switching to a newer base could solve this problem

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Wrong thread?
Video recording never worked and probably will never work in cm13. Switching to a newer base could solve this problem
I wasn't sure in which thread to add this and i finally ended up here. Sorry, if this was the wrong one.

I also was not aware that the recording was not working on CM13. This is the curse of having multiple versions on different bases installed and jumping among them as it necessary. At the end I forgot what works and not under which version.
Apologies if this what I tested was already known, it was new to me and thought I add.

Are you sure this is CM base related rather than OS version or maybe HAL related?
The reason why I ask this, the recording is also broken in my build however that uses CM12.1 base. With the same base but an older OS version the recording works fine.