Notices

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Australia
Any chance of getting a Nokia N9 build of Kodimote? :-)

And a N900 too? :-)

Yes and no. mzanetti and I aren't actively looking into still supporting those (as mzanetti uses Ubuntu Touch, and I use Sailfish). But someone else has recently fixed some (build) issues in the app for the N900. And he also said he wants to fix the N9 app. But it will probably take some time until those versions are back on par with the Ubuntu and Sailfish version. Although some things will work automatically as they're platform independent (like support for browsing addons, and the upcoming version will support browsing playlists, those things should work on all platform without requiring modifications in the platform specific code).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
Hi

[I've already commented this in the openrepos app page, but in case you haven't read it I'm posting here, sorry for the possible noise.]

I've upgraded to sailfish 1.1.9 pre-release and the videos button in the main screen looks a bit smaller than music or pictures. Other than that I've found it works great.

Thanks,

Sorry for the late response. I only briefly read your comment on OpenRepos on my phone at the time.

All buttons are build the same. So my guess would be the "Video" icon in Sailfish changed. As it's a standard icon the app is using. But I'll check if there's anything I can do to fix it when the SDK becomes available (which would be either when 1.1.9 gets released to all users, or might be earlier, as I don't want to update my phone to an "early access" version).

And it's good to hear there's only a (minor) cosmetic issue As I was already wondering if everything would still be working in SFOS 2.0 (/1.1.9)

The Following User Says Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the answer. I checked the code and saw what you mean, so it seems the stock video icon doesn't have the same size as the others. Other than that I didn't had any issues with the app and SFOS 2.0.

Thanks for your work!

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by RobertMe View Post
Yes and no. mzanetti and I aren't actively looking into still supporting those (as mzanetti uses Ubuntu Touch, and I use Sailfish). But someone else has recently fixed some (build) issues in the app for the N900. And he also said he wants to fix the N9 app. But it will probably take some time until those versions are back on par with the Ubuntu and Sailfish version. Although some things will work automatically as they're platform independent (like support for browsing addons, and the upcoming version will support browsing playlists, those things should work on all platform without requiring modifications in the platform specific code).
where can i find the n900 deb

Originally Posted by RobertMe View Post
Sorry for the late response. I only briefly read your comment on OpenRepos on my phone at the time.

All buttons are build the same. So my guess would be the "Video" icon in Sailfish changed. As it's a standard icon the app is using. But I'll check if there's anything I can do to fix it when the SDK becomes available (which would be either when 1.1.9 gets released to all users, or might be earlier, as I don't want to update my phone to an "early access" version).

And it's good to hear there's only a (minor) cosmetic issue As I was already wondering if everything would still be working in SFOS 2.0 (/1.1.9)
I think the keypad long press to scroll fast is not working anymore. I've just tried it and nothing happens, not even the vibration notification.

Just to be sure. You did install the version from OpenRepos? As the version from the Jolla Store doesn't have haptic feedback (/vibrations).

If you did install from OpenRepos, it might be that something goes wrong in starting the vibration, which makes the rest of the code fail.

You might be able to get some information from the normal program output. This can be seen by for example starting Kodimote from the terminal, "/usr/bin/harbour-kodimote". But I can't promise that I will be able to fix anything without having a SFOS 2.0 installation to test.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
where can i find the n900 deb
v 1.3.1 (the latest I know of) for N900 is found here.

(My confession: for the longest time I thought this version hardly did anything compared to the Harmattan version. I finally noticed -- accidentally -- that it swiped left and right to reveal more controls, including the virtual keypad.)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post: