Active Topics

http://maemo.org/downloads/OS2006/sy...uct_dba_page=3

http://maemo.org/downloads/OS2006/sy...uct_dba_page=4

Please email Ari Jaaksi, Nokia's director of open source
to take full control over maemo.org's activities
to keep N770 applications available for download/install as previously.

http://jaaksi.blogspot.com/

Darius

AFAIK, ITOS2006 does not support one-click installs, which is why all the ".install" arrows are grayed out.

EDIT: P.S.: The "N770" does NOT exist. It is a Nokia 770 and not part of the Nokia N-Series. This might cause confusion to new users.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
So... I guess we should hold off on all those e-mails then?

[QUOTE=convulted;99491]AFAIK, ITOS2006 does not support one-click installs, which is why all the ".install" arrows are grayed out.

Who said so ?
I installed many packages directly from install.
You click install , wait and in Application manager appears a window with option - Install and a name of an application.
It worked fine.

EDIT: P.S.: The "N770" does NOT exist. It is a Nokia 770 and not part of the Nokia N-Series. This might cause confusion to new users.[/QUOTE

So what makes N-Serie, OS , memory card, applications ?
N770 is an excellent piece of hardware. Excellent aluminium case.
Excellent screen.

Darius

Darius

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
That's my understanding too... one-click install was not supported in OS2006. But if you are running OS2007HE on your 770 then one-click install should work.

I think it would be a good idea to have one-click installs for OS2006 apps anyway, because some of them will run on OS2007 and OS2008 where a one-click install *is* possible.

But someone has to create those one-click install files, and that is probably why they aren't there for all apps yet.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
If you are worried about the 770 upgrade to IT2007 hacker edition and you will be able to install more apps. Its a little less stable and slower but its got more apps and looks much better than IT2006.

Jeremy.

The Following User Says Thank You to jer006 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by technut View Post
That's my understanding too... one-click install was not supported in OS2006. But if you are running OS2007HE on your 770 then one-click install should work.

I think it would be a good idea to have one-click installs for OS2006 apps anyway, because some of them will run on OS2007 and OS2008 where a one-click install *is* possible.

But someone has to create those one-click install files, and that is probably why they aren't there for all apps yet.
I use 1-Click installs all the time on my 770, which runs OS2006. The download just opens the App manager and Robert is your mothers brother...

Cheers,

Alistair

Nokia 770 IT2006 running
from 2GB kingston MMC
64MB swap.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Well thanks for that info, I didn't know that. But then I only just started using these things last month, so history is not my strongest subject.

Ok again Darius i dont want to bad mouth at someone but darius is always the There is a virus on this guy and the need two n810 to test wimax and now this , maybe its the language barrier or something but this guy just jump to things like this time to time so ....just saying

Hmm, my bad then sorry -- I haven't used OS2006 for a long while (and I said "As far as I know" in my post!) As for the N-Series question, ask Nokia why they didn't include the 770 in their N-Series lineup. I could not care less (that part was not meant to be offensive) about the capabilities of the 770. If Nokia did not officially include it in their N-Series, then it is not part of it. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

EDIT: Just in case this gets across the wrong way: I love all three Internet Tablets, and firmly believe the 770 is a pioneer in its own right. Still, it is probably the case that Nokia thought it was too immature (and in some ways, they were probably right) to include it as part of its flagship N-Series, a move that was thankfully corrected when the N800 came out.

Last edited by convulted; 2007-11-25 at 10:16.