i am using the pre installed X Terminal.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Paris, France
Assuming that you have installed the rootsh app (haven't you?), reboot the N900 and try again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hec For This Useful Post:
Thanks man .totally worked.the best community ever.even helping the noobs.thats cool.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Paris, France
Anytime. Sure this community is awesome! And you're part of it, now

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Hi!

I had the same problem, but trying all the mentioned steps didn't help.
I then tried deleting /var/lib/bluetooth/maemo-callerid-none too.
(see here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...393#post900393 )

After that bluetooth was back to normal!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richrd For This Useful Post:
Same thing happend to me. Everything is back to normal again!
Love this community!!!
THX!

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Venezuela
pleasee i need help. i erase the two files in the bluetooth folder. and anything happened. bluetooht dont turn on.. i reinstalled the firm too and the problem persist.

Originally Posted by Hec View Post
Hello Noob. One of the convenient way to do so is to manually delete the folder.

1°) If you don't have it yet, install this application :
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/rootsh/

2°) You need then to open a terminal. Either you find it in the app menu, either you use the shortcut sym/ctrl-shift-x

You see at the end of the bootom line a'$' sign : it means you have a simple user access to the N900. I guess the user privilege aren't enough to be able to delete the folder you want. So you want to become root.

3°) you become root either by taping the command
sudo gainroot
or simply
root

New lines are written to the screen and you can see now the sign "#" at the end of the last one. It means you're root, ie God of the N900. Keep in mind you have now the power of destruction on your system, so be extra careful, specially as you are going to use the rm command.

4°) Simply type
rm -rf /var/lib/bluetooth/<macaddr>, where <macaddr> is replaced by your own mac adress.

At this point you may not have a single clue about the name of that folder as you may not know what your Mac Adress is.

So a trick is to type only
rm -rf /var/lib/bluetooth/
and then stop typing.

Then hit the Tab button at the bottom of the screen (do that once or twice). It should print all the folders and files listed in "bluetooth". The one named with your Mac address is like XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX, so you can't really miss it.

Underneath you'll find the line you just typed before, waiting to be completed with the name of the folder you want to delete (be extracareful not to hit enter at that moment as you would destroy the whole bluetooth folder).

Just start typing one or two letters of the <macadr> folder (respect the case). Hit "Tab" button again : it should auto complete the name folder, saving you time and errors in typing the whole name. Now you can hit the enter key to delete the folder. And close the term application.

Please note I don't take any responsability if you brake your system by following this guide. Besides I don't know either if this process will solve your bluetooth problem (But I hope for you it works).
hey hec thanks for info dude but when i hit "tab" on my phone after writing
"rm-rf/var/lib/bluetooth/".........nothing happens it stays where it was..
plz help me!!!

Originally Posted by mr_bridger View Post
Just found this....
see post 2

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=bluetoothd

do you think this is a good idea??? will the mac folder be reinstated??
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss it work

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
I'm having the same problem.

I navigated to /var/lib/bluetooth, and there was nothing there with my MAC. Only maemo-calleid-none. I deleted that and rebooted, but the problem persists.

This problem has persisted through reflash too.

Any ideas?