For the contact address book included in Maemo 5.0 (3.2010.02-8), it is not unusual to frequently refer to the fields of a contact, such as Middle Name (often used in multi-lingual environment), Title (e.g. Ph.D., M.B.A., C.F.A.), Fax of Home and Business, and so on. The GUI of Address Book. Actually the PC Suite software on PC contains such fields, but the Address Book software on Maemo5 doesn't have them. I guess these fields may be left out for some crowdness reasons.

The point is these fields are used very commonly in daily life and maybe more important in business contact areas. Moreover the actual fields of a contact is SELECTED from a list of available fields. So I think it not a bad idea to give users a CHOICE to whether or not include these fields into their actual contact information, right? If users feel there are too many fields, they always have such an option to not use them, instead of not available.

It will be great if most of the fields included in the PC version of contact book is also included in the Maemo5 version, in order to give regular users of contact book more options.

Thank you very much!

The Following User Says Thank You to shreks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I agree. Please vote for the following bugs: Middle name bug, Fax number bug (apparently fixed in PR 1.2), Title bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I agree. Please vote for the following bugs: Middle name bug, Fax number bug (apparently fixed in PR 1.2), Title bug.
Great! I already did it!