Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Hi,

I installed transition control app yesterday after flashing Leaked PR1.2. However, everytime I try to start the GUI for this app, it just crashes. Before yesterday it was working fine on LPR 1.2 which I had overclocked using Titan's kernel v27.

Any ideas to make transition control work?

Thanks..

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Transitioncontrol is in Extras-Devel. If you don't know how to debug the app yourself (and ideally provide a bug report to the author), please stay away from Extras-Devel. The same is true for flashing a leaked PR1.2 release and a custom kernel.

That said, posting the output of running transitioncontrol in X Terminal could be helpful, so we know what the bug is ("it just crashes" can have more than one cause, and is not a very specific bug report). Looking at the package page, it might just be a dependency problem, so post your output

Edit: I've checked the dependencies of the app, and it seems like it might not install all required dependencies. Try installing "python-hildon" and "python-osso" manually. As root, enter "apt-get install python-hildon python-osso" and then confirm.

Last edited by thp; 2010-05-23 at 08:00.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
downgrade to officially supported fw.

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
@slender: from what I've been reading on other threads, he can't. That, and he said it was working before. THP is on the right track here...traceback FTW

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
@aspidites
Only way to use FW 1.1.1 after trying PR 1.2 is to make combined flash with both images:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=365

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
Interesting, didn't even know it was possible.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Transitioncontrol is in Extras-Devel. If you don't know how to debug the app yourself (and ideally provide a bug report to the author), please stay away from Extras-Devel. The same is true for flashing a leaked PR1.2 release and a custom kernel.

That said, posting the output of running transitioncontrol in X Terminal could be helpful, so we know what the bug is ("it just crashes" can have more than one cause, and is not a very specific bug report). Looking at the package page, it might just be a dependency problem, so post your output

Edit: I've checked the dependencies of the app, and it seems like it might not install all required dependencies. Try installing "python-hildon" and "python-osso" manually. As root, enter "apt-get install python-hildon python-osso" and then confirm.
Thanks for the apt-get suggestion mate... the app works now

I know I'm a noob... but I also know the risk in using the devel stuff and that I can depend on the community for solutions. I just like trying out these new things

Originally Posted by thp View Post
today i got PR1.2 installed, and i also installed these "pythons" as you said, it says i have the newest versions installed of them (as i tried to install twice ) but it still have this problem that doesn't let me install:

Application packages missing : python2.5-xml(>=0.8.4-1osso8)