Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
work perfect

Hacky part works perfect. In the normal part, as in the previous version, the brightness doesn't change until the last section of the bar, but I'm not sure this is a bug. Thanks!.

Edit: no more bug!, after a reboot, it's working perfect.

Last edited by herno24; 2012-07-11 at 21:25.

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
'...and change "rootme" to your root password' huh?

I'd surely try this if I didn't have to enter my password in plain text anywhere.

Hi coderus

Is there any way to change the colour of the brightness bars , we either modifying image or config files.

Regards

Adam

'unable to trace installed ... dependencies'

what can i do? thanks.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by willywonka View Post
'unable to trace installed ... dependencies'

what can i do? thanks.
Use N9QTweak Tweak T-3 instead for the latest and greatest version

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ perpetuity
Originally Posted by ltz View Post
After changing root password, I can't set brightness in the status menu, even though I have changed "rootme" to my pw in /opt/hackybrightness/hackybrightness.sh also.
I have the same problem as well. I recently changed my root password from the default 'rootme' before reinstalling this applet and changed the password in the shell script as well. When I tried using the hacky brightness bar, it does not work with the new password. But I tried returning the root password to the default 'rootme' and which, well, worked of course.

Is there some way that I can use my new root password for this applet? I have tried reinstalling the applet and rebooting as advised in this post, but to no avail.

cheers.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
There are my Brightness applet in N9QT which have hacky features and not require to write root password anywhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ perpetuity
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
There are my Brightness applet in N9QT which have hacky features and not require to write root password anywhere.
I just checked the scripts used by Schturman in his N9QT, and it seems that it still requires me to input my root password (and chmod +x it afterwards). I haven't installed this utility yet, but it baffles me why the script would succeed (as you said) in making the 'hacky' part of the applet work without requiring the new root password. I used the last .deb you posted here (the 'unhacky' 0.0.3 one) and the 'hacky' 0.0.3 version as well. I'm using system-ui 1.3.2 for this if it matters. Can you please kindly clarify what is the proper installation method for this applet?

Sorry for the need for clarifications, coderus, as I do not want to install N9QT for this purpose only. Not to look down on Schturman's work on N9QT (for the record, he's awesome, looking at the amount of time and dedication he has put on this), but I'm also eager to know how the shell and terminal works since I'm only a casual user of Linux-based systems.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
I not published it on TMO. if you want to use it - you should install N9QT. i cant help you if you dont want to help yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post: