Active Topics

Notices

This showed up in extras or develop recently (i echo others in that i wish app manager told you where somethinng installed from) and is working really well. If the developer is reading: Thanks!

Last edited by chrisak; 2008-10-03 at 14:18. Reason: spelling

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrisak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
@chrisak : Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking (off and on) for something like this for a while now.

Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until after work install it

FYI : Penguin TV

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Thanks for the link I really like that you can tag feeds/podcasts and then filter view.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
The mail from the porter to -developers:
http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail//ma...er/035164.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
thanks for the interest. I'm still hammering away at the code trying to get the software in shape for 4.0, which I'd like to release at the GNOME Summit next weekend. I'm trying to finish off all of the little bugs that have been around for a while and clear off my todo list. I'm also trying to improve startup time on maemo, which currently isn't great -- unfortunately this speedup work sometimes causes regressions so I have to be careful.

I encourage you to try out the version in extras-devel and let me know if you have any problems. I'm always curious for feedback and comments on the UI.

And, if anyone wants to take a crack at a google reader sync module, I'd be happy to include in a future version. (I don't use google reader so I'm wouldn't be able to test it very effectively.)

The Following User Says Thank You to ywwg For This Useful Post:
One thing I am noticing is that the "Back to Feeds" link doesn't seem to work and I end up having to close and reopen the program to read another list.

does the escape button work? (The button on the machine with the same icon as the back to feeds image)

edit:
one-character fix. I uploaded another version to extras-devel, it should work now

Last edited by ywwg; 2008-10-07 at 14:42.

I keep getting a 404, anyone care to post a deb here?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
You should check your repositories properly but:
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...e/p/penguintv/

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ywwg View Post
does the escape button work? (The button on the machine with the same icon as the back to feeds image)

edit:
one-character fix. I uploaded another version to extras-devel, it should work now
Yup - escape worked and now the button works. Most excellent!