Dont know if this is the place to post this, hope so. loving my N900. My mate has an iphone. We both defend our phones lol. The other day i made an advert to send to him to wind him up, thought i would share it with you guys, i think nokia should use this on tv. here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn47JFsdgt8.let me know what you think. if anyone has anything similar i would love to see it, i just love winding iphone users up lol. all the best .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tjgib2001 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Why do people have the need of comparing everything with the iPhone?

Every company has their own ways of making their devices, it's up to them what they want to offer. You're a customer you can CHOOSE what you want to buy. They don't FORCE you!

It's basically like comparing a Four Wheel Drive with a Ferrari.

You can't expect the Ferrari to get up the hill in the snow? Can you?

Every device has it's own purpose - buy what suits yours and shut up.

(I'm not a fanboy of either devices, I just don't like the logic of this)

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Well i thought it was funny :-)...well done.
Lighten up God....it's a joke!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Done well, indeed. But I guess the fact that the N900 stands quite well on its own merits should be highlighted moreso than mere comparisons to a consumer friendly yet heavily limited phone.

I learned nothing from the ad - I also work in marketing - other than the opinion that the iPhone has apps and the improvement is based off an opinion. That would be a bad thing for effective advertising.

Originally Posted by Dancairo View Post
Well i thought it was funny :-)...well done.
Lighten up God....it's a joke!
It's funny the first time & maybe the second - not the 10000ths time.

If you're going to critisize & do a mockup video you should make it more technical & realistic.

1: don't name it "n900 is better than the iphone"; "What the iPhone lacks for geeks", would be the appropriate name.

2: "phone improvement", does that make sense? Isn't 3G - 3Gs an improvement to Apple?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind competition & example videos but it just seems like a very stereotypical joke, it just spoils the entire point of the video.

Not everyone cares about "phone freedom". People need to be tied down & told what to do in life sometimes - imagine a world of hippies.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Nicely made vid Tjgib2001,,, Lets hope they don't make such an app

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
The video was cute... kudos

I spent the day in my iphone filled office and was showing off my n900 people loved the FM transmitter, real flash and multi-desktops... on the "apps" conversation I like to tell people - 'yea, i don't need an app for that - it just does it'

Originally Posted by God View Post
It's funny the first time & maybe the second - not the 10000ths time.

If you're going to critisize & do a mockup video you should make it more technical & realistic.

1: don't name it "n900 is better than the iphone"; "What the iPhone lacks for geeks", would be the appropriate name.

2: "phone improvement", does that make sense? Isn't 3G - 3Gs an improvement to Apple?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind competition & example videos but it just seems like a very stereotypical joke, it just spoils the entire point of the video.

Not everyone cares about "phone freedom". People need to be tied down & told what to do in life sometimes - imagine a world of hippies.
lol remember this was a funny vid sent to a friend to wind him up thas all. then just thought i would share it, by the way he thought it was funny an is makin a reply vid. im not an advertiser or owt and i have nothin against the iphone. just a bit of fun.

Originally Posted by matthewcc View Post
The video was cute... kudos

I spent the day in my iphone filled office and was showing off my n900 people loved the FM transmitter, real flash and multi-desktops... on the "apps" conversation I like to tell people - 'yea, i don't need an app for that - it just does it'
- 'yea, i don't need an app for that - it just does it'
lmao, im usin that one! ha

The Following User Says Thank You to Tjgib2001 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tjgib2001 View Post
lol remember this was a funny vid sent to a friend to wind him up thas all. then just thought i would share it, by the way he thought it was funny an is makin a reply vid. im not an advertiser or owt and i have nothin against the iphone. just a bit of fun.
Haha ok

Tags
competition, finish him!, iphone, n900, n900 vs iphone, phone war