Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
No mention of MeeGo. Imagine that.
Nor Symbian, a good indication that it is made from a US perspective.

EDIT: I must admit, i am surprised how large iphoneos is in europe. But then it as much about ipod touch as iphone so i guess that could shift the image a bit. It it also based on browser id strings so...
Attached Images

Last edited by tso; 2010-11-07 at 07:10.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by tso View Post
Nor Symbian, a good indication that it is made from a US perspective.
Meh. Stereotypes are ignorable.

So is this "US/America this" and "US/America that" rhetoric. Regardless... I did get a chuckle out of this but mistook her freckles for acne.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
hahahahahahahahahhahaahahaha ......ok im done, but reaaly thanks for showing me this, now i only have to find someone who i can share this with AND who will understand this
So true, so true

Nevertheless I agree that iPhone users are little girls, regardless of sex and age

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
we should nuke usa before they try to take over the world,
woops too late!

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
Iphone users are brilliant. if iphones were cheaper then you wouldn't be on this forum. I am just speaking the truth. Iphone like all apple's
products, make even the hardest things easy. I don't have to write commands for doing something. N900 has potential, but unlike Iphone, it has not unleashed it.

The Following User Says Thank You to anwar71839 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anwar71839 View Post
Iphone users are brilliant. if iphones were cheaper then you wouldn't be on this forum. I am just speaking the truth. Iphone like all apple's
products, make even the hardest things easy. I don't have to write commands for doing something. N900 has potential, but unlike Iphone, it has not unleashed it.
Agree with you that apple know how to bring out potential and I am impressed with what they have been able to achieve with the iphone.

But your suggestion that it is cost that has prevented people on this site from getting an iphone is one of the daftest things I have ever read and there are loads of daft things to read on the internet so that tells you how daft your statement was. For one thing most of us bought the N900 and full price which is not any cheaper than the iphone. In fact it would probably have been easier to get a cheap deal on the iphone giving they are widely available. If I was given an iphone for free I would throw it away without ever using it. Secondly, the thing most here love about the N900 is the very thing that makes it impossible for them to ever use an iphone - openess and customisation.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anwar71839 View Post
Very stereotypic, and wrong. I know several people who have switched to Mac from Windows due to the reasons you mentioned. Now they are switching back to Windows. Not because of price (they have more than enough money), but because of limitations and inefficiency. These people are 'typical' Mac users working in media.

Imagine Steve Jobs designing (read; re-inventing) a violin. It would be easy to use by everyone and probably look cool, but with a very limited arsenal of sounds and rhythms. It would be usable for everyone but musicians, and it would only play 'iMusic'. Removing the learning curve can be a good thing, but often a learning curve is needed to unleash even the most rudimentary of creativity and imagination that most people need to simply feel alive. For artists a steep and long learning curve is essential. In essence, iProducts are ultimately deadly boring devices that restricts the imagination and creativity due to their design.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Besides 3DS Max... what limitations exist? I'm honestly curious.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm honestly curious.
Good for you

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Very stereotypic, and wrong. I know several people who have switched to Mac from Windows due to the reasons you mentioned. Now they are switching back to Windows. Not because of price (they have more than enough money), but because of limitations and inefficiency. These people are 'typical' Mac users working in media.

Imagine Steve Jobs designing (read; re-inventing) a violin. It would be easy to use by everyone and probably look cool, but with a very limited arsenal of sounds and rhythms. It would be usable for everyone but musicians, and it would only play 'iMusic'. Removing the learning curve can be a good thing, but often a learning curve is needed to unleash even the most rudimentary of creativity and imagination that most people need to simply feel alive. For artists a steep and long learning curve is essential. In essence, iProducts are ultimately deadly boring devices that restricts the imagination and creativity due to their design.
i guess you are right about openness. But about imagination, you are dead wrong. With about millions of apps, you have everything; there you go apple did you a favor and now you dont have to think. I know you have the freedom of making custom things work on android and maemo, and how many people can use their imagination, but i havent seen much happen on this side. The apple store beats the crap outta android's market (for games and various others) maybe android 3 will change the situation who knows. And to the other guy, try buying an iphone 4 without contract it will cost you over 900 bucks even with the contract, the plan will get that much money out of you. I know the value of $ i live in usa. Please dont compare Mac and Windows when discussing about phones it is just plain stupid. i use windows and personally hate mac because of its limits. Iphone is more like closed source windows in the mobile world with millions of apps.

Last edited by anwar71839; 2010-11-07 at 09:25.

Tags
iphone, losers hating, other losers, subjective